• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

This woman's crafts (a few)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well welcome Alden to Basket Weaving 101.

Doubly impressed!

Out MSW's way they have a place called Basketville. Much is nice, some is still made in the U.S., almost all is unaffordable tourist-trap priced!

Alden said:
Well welcome Alden to Basket Weaving 101.

Doubly impressed!

Out MSW's way they have a place called Basketville. Much is nice, some is still made in the U.S., almost all is unaffordable tourist-trap priced!

aw - ya got me!

I've been in Basketville a number of times. It is located in Putney, Vermont on Vt Rt 5. (get off the interstate at exit 4 and turn north (right) follow the road a bit and pass the paper mill - it's a small one - Basketville is on the right).

now, watch out for the hippie dippies: they have infested Putney, and if you stop moving, you will find yourself having to eat a bunch of organic kale. believe me- I worked at the mill for a number of years.

having said that, if you do stop at Basketville, you can sometimes get some decent bargains, but it's a shadow of its former self. almost all of their stuff is mass produced by some sweatshop in the PRC or some third- world pest hole. the lack of quality is stunning, even if the prices are low. the parking lot if full of what Vermonters derisively call "white platers" (nope: that's not a compliment on the way you drive: Vermont is the only state with a green license plate)

they used to carry basket making supplies, but that wasn't profitable I guess, so they don't any more. it's set up to give the impression of 'local craftsmanship:' lots of local cheese and so on, but if you take the trouble to look at the labels, it really is just another tourist trap.

kinda sad, really, but those hippie dippies have to make the payments in their 'beemers' just like the capitalist exploiters of the masses.

Also was a Basketville on Hwy 7A south of Manchester and across the street from the entrance to Equinox Mountain when I lived in VT about 10-years ago. If my wife was driving, the car automatically pulled in and parked there.

Twisted_1in66 :thumbsup:
Dan

MSW said:
...[Basketville is] a shadow of its former self.

...it's set up to give the impression of 'local craftsmanship': lots of local cheese and so on, but if you take the trouble to look at the labels, it really is just another tourist trap.

...those hippie dippies have to make the payments on their 'beemers' just like the capitalist exploiters of the masses.

Sad, but right on (and not in the "hippie dippie" sense).

Back