• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Left hand replacement lock for GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure that one of the Flintlock maker can make one or has one and all else fails Call Lyman they will have and replacement.

Mine's not broken, I just think it could be improved upon. The frizen and pan aren't flush, so powder leaks, and what filing I've done so far hasn't improved it as much as I would like. I'm thinking about contacting TVM or somebody and see if they can rig something up for me.

Lyman made a Left hander so why not just contact them for a new lock!!?? GPR model #6031137 50 cal or 6031138 54 cal check it out good luck!!!! Never understood why they didn't make a Left handed kit !!!! made the complete rifle ,, no kit left handed !!!

Lyman marketed a GPR flinter left and right hand and a GPH flinter right hand only.
Being a left hand shooter I'll just say WAAAAHHHHH!

According to Tim at L&R, they have one in the works. The last email I got (last November) said that they had the small stuff done and were working on the plate.

I will be getting one for my GPR when they are ready. My lock works, but not nearly as well as the L&R on my fusil. Seems like the geometry is just not right on the Lyman locks. :idunno:

Mine isn't terrible. It sparks, I'm not plagued with flashes in the pan, but it does seem to chew up flints a bit, and I suspect (though I have little to compare it to)the lock speed could be a hair faster. I'm just interested in seeing if it could be better. If it is, I think I'll buy a .54 barrel and turn her into a two trick pony.

Latest posts

Back