• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a new rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That indeed is a long-time friend. 50+ years. Those sorts of relationships are rare, and as we get older, even rarer. In my mind, a good trade is when both parties walk away from it thinking they got the better end of the deal.

True. Having a friend from 9 years old on is priceless.
In this case, as in others, we never worry about who got what really.

The only thing in the world more beautiful than a good gun is a fine Swiss Watch or a woman from anywhere. ( John Ireland, Red River)

If I was guessing that is the work of Nathan Stephenson. I had a Faber rifle that was built by him and after some hard times I was forced to sell. If you look at the gun I had from him you can see that they appear to be made by the same hand
IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

Thanks for that info and I believe you are correct...the furniture is very similar and it has a unique slight forearm swell that appears to be the same on your rifle....very nice for a balanced off hand hold.
What do you know about the maker?

I bought the rifle I had directly from Nathan. He is a good builder and a lot of the parts on his rifles are custom. He usually makes the sights, thimble sets, etc. On my rifle he also custom made the buttplate. Nathan has produced some good work and if I am every in the position to buy another flinter again it will be from him.

I got to know Nathan as he was helping me build a rifle. He had a lot to offer, but because of travel distance and my changing work schedule I have not been able to finish the rifle.

Back