• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Partner Shoot Part Two, The Reverse Match, by request. Dec./Jan.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
As everyone who was involved in part one should know by now, there was a request to do a reverse match with the same partners but shooting in opposite order.

If there are any new teams who would like to get in on the fun, now is your chance. You will need to get both targets shot by both team mates by the deadline for this contest, there won't be a part three.

I have already posted the results for part one. At the end of part two, I will post those results plus the agg. scores. I will also post part one scores for any new teams who join in and get both parts done by the deadline.

I am just re-posting the part one rules. Just reverse order of shooters for part two. And please write "Part Two" on your targets before sending them to me so it will be easier on me to keep track. The few that have already been mailed don't worry about that...

Deadline is Postmark by January 15, 2015!

1.Find a partner who is a member here on the forum. (Use the same partner for part two but reverse shooting order)
2.Player one shoots ONE shot at a blank sheet of typing/printer paper, offhand, at a distance of 50 yards. Try to hit as close to center of the paper as possible with NO AIMING POINTS! Circle your shot with a pen or pencil.
3.Player one mails target to player two.
4.Player two shoots 5 shots at the target, offhand, at a distance of 25 yards. Try to hit player one's hole.
5.Player 2 writes both player one and player two's screen names on the target and mails the target to me.
6. I score the target. Player one's shot will be measured from center of hole to center of target. Player 2's shots will be measures using the center of player one's shot as the center of target. All measurements will be added together for the final score.
7. Get these postmarked on their way to me by January 15.
8. All heckling is encouraged.

Fine-print rules;

One target entry per team.

6 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 6 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. (you can use a smoothbore or pistol if you would like)

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each teams score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen names must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by January 15, 2015 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Jethro224 said:
Henry Morrison said:
I best get shooting and send to showtime, we got to redeem ourselves

Don't use any major appliances for target holders. :wink:

Minor appliances appear to be acceptable. Maybe a toaster, and you have to get your shot off before the toast pops up.

:rotf: ..... :slap:

Guess I shoulda said don't use any metal backers.
Henry made a couple of pretty spectacular spray holes in the last target. :haha:

The toaster idea would be fun tho. Kinda like a rattle box. :hmm:
Push the toast lever down, load, and shoot it before the toast pops up.
Go get a new toaster and try again...

Or...

install an extra beefy spring in the toaster and try to hit the toast when it launches out of the toaster.
Minus points for hitting the toaster.

There was a shifting of tectonic plates just as I shot & the target raised up about 3". No?

I thought the rules were, to shoot half way between the middle & the bottom. Still No?

Can you believe the North Koreans hacked my sights :idunno:

No :hmm: well then I sure shot low :redface:

Got my target from Storm Cloud with a well centered hole. :thumbsup: Got to wait til the rain and the North Koreans let up some before I can make my perforations. :wink:

GW

stormcloud said:
Great-a toaster shoot for feb! :hmm:

We probably need to use rye or pumpernickel bread for the February toaster shoot. That way all of the hits will be in the black. :rotf:

Finally got the target shot and it is in the mail to you. I didn't put tracking on it or require a signature so don't loose this one. :rotf:

So Maven and I are in. Mine wasn't a stellar performance due in part to the weather but mostly my off hand is pretty wobbly.

Thanks again for doing these contests. Enjoyable.

Dave

Well, Dave, I hope you used a bigger envelope this time so I can keep track of it easier. The 9x12 yellow ones are easy to miss. :haha:

CRS Syndrome and you're only 48 yrs. old, Jethro? :stir: I've done that and worse, but thank you for running these contests* and Merry Xmas to you!

*Probably will miss the next 2, as we'll be heading south for Feb. & Mar. Given our results of late, maybe I should! :rotf:

I hang around a buncha old guys and I think it's contagious.

Merry Christmas to you too. And all the other forum members. :hatsoff:

Back