• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

therifleshoppe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Wilson said:
flytrout said:
Would you wait for a BMW original part years (that you paid for up front)....
Anyone who pre-pays for something 5 years before it will ship is a sucker. IMO
It's not illegal to charge a credit card before the item ships, but all credit card companies have rules the merchant is bound by.

I don't do business with companies that charge my card prior to shipping.

According to Janet Hug of Visa USA, "a merchant is not permitted to bill ahead of time" except in case of a deposit or down payment that the customer agrees to. MasterCard said in a letter that a merchant can charge you before shipment only if s/he tells you and you agree to "the terms and conditions of the sale."

American Express said the merchant can charge your card as soon as you give your account number; but if you receive the bill before the merchandise, call Amex customer service and you don't have to pay while they investigate.

But Claude,
it depends on how the customer pays.

from The Rifle Shoppe's payment page.

Payment:

sample

We accept the following forms of payment in US Funds only: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Money Orders, Cashiers Checks, Business Checks and Personal Checks. A $30.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks. When ordering by credit card, please include phone number and signature on order. We find that for our foreign customers it is usually more convenient to use a credit card, but you can pay by check in U.S. Dollars drawn on a U.S. Bank. We also accept UPS/COD orders from US Addresses.

There web page should be up front and real. It should say pay now and you may get your parts that we sell in 1 month to 10 years from now. Just because we say we are in business to sell gun parts does not mean we have them. We don't make the most of the parts, you pay us to go buy them for you when we feel like it. WE TRS are just a middleman that you must pay up front and we hope we can get someone to make the part, because we are the only act in to the world. All COD orders will stay at the back of the list, meaning no way in H-LL you will get it. LOL

I swore I would no longer post in this thread-- it should have died a merciful death several dozen posts ago. But some of the mischaracterizations here need to be corrected. First, the Rifle Shoppe has always said they would charge your credit card when the order is ready to ship-- at least that is what they have always done with me. In a couple of instances, I chose to pay up front, which was my decision, not theirs. And in those instances, I paid by check because they wouldn't or couldn't charge my credit card till the order was ready to ship. Secondly, TRS is not simply a "middleman". True, they subcontract out the parts casting, barrel and stock making, but all of those parts are made to proprietary patterns created and owned by TRS. It is their own stuff they are selling. I don't mind this bashing of TRS and their delivery times-- after all, much of it is warranted. But let's at least get our facts straight.
Bill M.

Flytrout, you are misguided (or misleading). I don't know how much, if any, cutting, machining, stamping, forging, polishing or casting they do in-house but Frederick Remington didn't cast his own statues either... That's just not the way it all usually works. But if you still think you know better, what're you waiting for? You're just a business plan and a commercial loan away from being wealthy and well thought of!

:shake:

And Colorado, I'm sure they feel EVERYTHING is in current production. Especially at Jesse's age. "Current" is so subjective... LOL

I believe the only misguided or misleading was done by TRS when I first ordered the parts and they never told me about delay times. I had no ideal they had as we have seen too many times problems when I order complete kits they said was in stock, and continued to tell me ever month or so that it would by a few weeks to me. Must of the problems post here has been their poor customer service and little or no commutation with there customers. The facts are that very simple. I will no long post on this topic. As it is plain to see whats going on with them.

Fly, I think I got the gist of that... Sorry to say they are only an extreme example of the same thing that goes on with so many in this hobby. The more custom the more days mean weeks and months mean years. Some people outgrow Cabela's...

Whereas I have always advocated only buying what they say is in stock (which doesn't necessarily mean it is) and having them assemble locks as insurance they are complete and probably functional, I also think, hope, that someday you'll appreciate them more than you can right now.

Tinker2 said:
I think that if the Rifle Shoppe was more up front about the true unknown time it might take, the better.

The Rifle Shoppe called me Friday and said that they had some new stuff in and wanted to know if I wanted anything. :blah:

I said yes, :slap: send them. :)
I just don’t have anything but good luck with them. I understand them, they understand me.
Nice people to work with.

I know how the world of restoration and custom works, unhurried for the most part.
I know what to expect, their business is not tuned to the average folk

Happy holidays
:pop:
William Alexander

Tinker2 said:
The Rifle Shoppe called me Friday and said that they had some new stuff in and wanted to know if I wanted anything. :blah:

I said yes, :slap: send them. :)
I just don’t have anything but good luck with them. I understand them, they understand me.
Congratulations. :wink:

blindsquirrel.jpg

“Hi Jack!
Gee I was hoping you would say something I could argue with”

That’s cute thanks, I got a good laugh out of it, thanks. :haha:

Happy holidays
William Alexander

And I told you folks, some of their customers are more equal than others.

The average blackpowder participant likes to think themselves elite and is more than satisfied when some bumpkin screws a Chambers lock, someone's barrel, and furniture into a piece of wood for them.

A few who don't, aren't.

Alden said:
And I told you folks, some of their customers are more equal than others.

I don’t think that I am treated any different than I treat them.
I am not the only one that they call when they get new things in.
Things that they think you may have shown an interest in and are
a repeat customer, they’d call.

This is, I think the fourth time they have called me this year.

“bumpkin”
I would bet they call some of them too.

They are not going to call to say there are more delays; they
are optimists on their time.
Me I am more of a pessimist, if it can go wrong you know it will

William Alexander

Just wanna say I wasn't criticizing you Lord Stirling, and not even TRS. You are clearly an exception, a special, regular, customer they appreciate and rely on whom they can sell-too vs. take-orders-from and, oh yeah, they're running a business. "You" are few but important and, surprise, are prioritized.

The naive feel they are just as important a customer as any, every, other one and it's usually the cheapest, least patient, practically experienced, or rational, the worst informed, most self-important, needy, and annoying who think this way and act out giving the rest of us a bad name. In fact, let me take this opportunity to share something with them right now...

...your weekly calls to whomever aren't gonna speed up your order.

Alden, So you are saying that a customer is naive to think he should be as important as everyone else. I thought in business, every paying customer was important. It appears in your writings that unless you order alot and don't call to check on a order, than you are not a important customer. It just seams like a real bad business model to me.

flytrout said:
Alden, So you are saying that a customer is naive to think he should be as important as everyone else. I thought in business, every paying customer was important. It appears in your writings that unless you order alot and don't call to check on a order, than you are not a important customer. It just seams like a real bad business model to me.

A friend of mine runs a gunstore on the West Coast. As you walk in the door, you are faced with a six-foot high mirror. At the top there is a sign that reads - 'You are now looking at the most important person in this store'.

Seems like some other businesses could use this POV as a working ethos.

tac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back