• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

fishtail fowler non indian gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ricky:

I believe Leonard Day makes the "Fishtail" stock in both a Matchlock or English/Jacobian Lock variation? I might be wrong?
If so, he did not mention in his first Post which lock style. Rick Thanks. :hatsoff:

He made mine a Snaphaunce when I provided the lock mechanism to him.

Olga1.jpg

Olga2.jpg

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

That is such a great looking gun!!! I am very fond of Snaphaunce locks. They are so, well....contraptionalized is the best made up word I can think of at the moment. :haha:
In case your interested, I'll have yet another Arab type Snaphauce project that I'll post in the Photos section of the Forum next weekend. :haha:
I like your snaphaunce variation better than my English lock variation. Super cool. Rick. :hatsoff:

I agree ricky i never shot a snaphaunce but i sure i like it
Just love funky old gizmos

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting gun and appears well made.

I'm sure it is want the buyer wanted and he's quite happy with it but personally, I don't like to see a newly made gun that has intentional "wear" marks like chipped out and mildly damaged wood.

Anyway, thanks for giving the link. :)

It is a great piece. It appears to have had a hard life even though it is new. I've seen antiques in better shape, but if that's what the buyer wanted & apparently he wanted a 400 year old gonne, then that's what he got. Nice looking snap and a great stock. A fishtail stock is still on my 'to do' list. I have to say that a lot of my work comes out looking that way, but not intentionally! Mike

Hey, wouldn't it be ironic if a guy took an antique and tried to pass it off as modern!?

Talk about an "antique" finish! Even some small damage! Only those of us belonging to the arcane lock club can appreciate this. :haha: I hope whoever the new owner is belongs to this Forum so I can encourage him/her to post more photos. Rick. :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back