• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

notice to all who hunt in ga.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the state nat. resource law enforcement office. you can hunt non protected animals coyotes, beaver etc year round in the national forest outside wma's.

treestalker said:
Get it in writing and carry it like Mother's love.
:thumbsup:

With a copy in the safe at home.

I think I told the story before about bringing my wife's bear into the U.S. I was about to get a citation for not shipping it to :hmm: Atlanta I think. I had it shipped to Denver's Air port.

I was met by a United States Fish and Wildlife Service officer

:nono: Oh no She said, you've done it all wrong, she said. Fines, confiscate hide & meat she said.

I showed her a copy of the fax, from USFW telling me to do just as I had done signed by her :redface:

Just a warning she said :bull:

I asked 4 different Florida FWC officers whether it was legal to shoot a deer in muzzleloading season with a .457 Ruger Old Army. One said yes, 2 said no (hell no!), one said he didn't know but would not write me up if he were present.
I wrote an e-mail to FWC at the state capitol and got a reply that it was legal as long as it was muzzleloading season and the gun was .40 cal or over. It turns out that it's OK in any firearms season not just muzzleloading season.

A large number of enforcement personnel don't know the law. That includes police officers.

Ain't that the truth. I always have a copy of the rules and regs in my truck, and I study them thoroughly. More than once have I known the rules better than them... :nono:

I've had one game warden tell me that pigeons were not an invasive speicies I asked him if he was talking about doves instead and he said that doves were an invasive speicies :shocked2: I think they should at least know what speicies are invasive and what are not

Make sure you have the actual regulation book or a photo copy or a printed copy from a pdf version... some states actually say in their regulations that the little book that comes with the license is not necessarily valid when hunting season begins... something having to do with the fact that the legislature can still change a law, or typos occur, and the books have to submitted to the printing company months before the season begins...

AND most hunting regulations are non-intent laws... meaning they don't have to prove you indended to violate the law, just that you did violate the law.

LD

Wow, talk about double jeopardy! :shocked2: The state covers its asinine while the hunter is held accountable without intent to commit a crime! Actions being regarded as 'free speech', this kind of unconstitutional beauracracy is what makes subjects out of citizens and is anathema to freedom. George Washington, John Jay, and Thomas Jefferson are spinning in thier graves! :cursing: Just my opinion, which counts for nothing since I don't sit on the (compromised) Supreme Court. :( George B. (P.S. HRH George III, is laughing his wig off.)

I walk with the holy papers in my pack and the names of the state gods who have spoken.

When you consider that wildlife jobs go to incompetent, untrained and uneducated leftovers of the unemployable, it makes sense they have no idea what a species or law is. It's a side effect of our "no warrant", militarized and zombifide police state. Not speaking for all, just the majority. And I've been there and done that and cringed at what I saw.

Yeah well many times the rules are poorly written. I told this story last year about getting a ticket for hunting with my .40 caliber flinter here in Kansas because the rules state you must use a bullet larger than .40 diameter. Thus a.395 ball is to small and against the law. I got the ticket thrown out but still. I also got told to leave a special quota hunt with a muzzleloader because it said you must use a percussion or flintlock muzzleloader using single loaded round ball only (no inlines) and I had a double 50 cal CVA they could figure out the law so I was told to go away when I went to the pre-hunt briefing. They wouldn't even let me load only one barrel.

Patocazador said:
I asked 4 different Florida FWC officers whether it was legal to shoot a deer in muzzleloading season with a .457 Ruger Old Army.

I was a deputy sheriff, in Florida, for 26 years, and a hunter safety instructor for 15 years. In Florida, a muzzleloader is not considered a firearm, unless it is used in the commission of a crime. Muzzleloaders are classified as Antique Firearms, and are defined as any firearm manufactured, that can only be loaded through the muzzle, prior to 1916, or a replica there of. This classification, (AF), even applies to BP cartridge guns, for which the ammunition is no longer readily available in usual retail stores. Under this AF classification, convicted felons can legal hunt as long as they have all of the proper licenses and permits and have permission to hunt from the land owner. Keep yer powder dry........Robin :stir:

Last edited by a moderator:
Patocazador said:
I asked 4 different Florida FWC officers whether it was legal to shoot a deer in muzzleloading season with a .457 Ruger Old Army.

I was a deputy sheriff, in Florida, for 26 years, and a hunter safety instructor for 15 years. In Florida, a muzzleloader is not considered a firearm, unless it is used in the commission of a crime. Muzzleloaders are classified as Antique Firearms, and are defined as any firearm manufactured, that can only be loaded through the muzzle, prior to 1916, or a replica there of. This classification, (AF), even applies to BP cartridge guns, for which the ammunition is no longer readily available in usual retail stores. Under this AF classification, convicted felons can legal hunt as long as they have all of the proper licenses and permits and have permission to hunt from the land owner. Keep yer powder dry........Robin :stir:

Patocazador said:

I was a deputy sheriff, in Florida, for 26 years, and a hunter safety instructor for 15 years. In Florida, a muzzleloader is not considered a firearm, unless it is used in the commission of a crime. Muzzleloaders are classified as Antique Firearms, and are defined as any firearm manufactured, that can only be loaded through the muzzle, prior to 1916, or a replica there of. This classification, (AF), even applies to BP cartridge guns, for which the ammunition is no longer readily available in usual retail stores. Under this AF classification, convicted felons can legal hunt, with a muzzleloader, as long as they have all of the proper licenses and permits and have permission to hunt from the land owner. Keep yer powder dry........Robin :stir:

Latest posts

Back