• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kentucky Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmahaney

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am considering building a Kentucky Rifle from a Traditions kit. Does anyone have experience with these kits? Any and all comments welcome. Thanks.

Consider a different model,
The split stock is problematic of true accuracy.
The 1970's model "Jukar" where decent shooters because of the slow twist 45cal barrels but still required a lot of extra work to wring the accuracy out.
The new 50cal 1-48 are not so,,
The kit is cheap for a reason.

They are simple to build with out needing any specialized tools. Build one for your own use, if you want, but don't think you can build one and sell it for a profit! Back in the 70's I built many of the CVA and later Traditions kits for local Amish boys. They were good shooters for the money! :idunno:

John, is this true of all Kentucky rifles or just the Traditions version? I like the style of the stock and the longer barrel of the Kentucky.

This problem is only on the traditions guns because if their two piece stock-guns with a one piece stock should not have this problem. That said it is not impossible to achieve pretty respectable accuracy out of those guns.

Back