• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How big can i go on my renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisHarris said:
I talked to a gunsmith this morning and he told me It can't be bored out because of the under rib screw holes.
He's an epic moron I have a 62 smoothbore made out of a 1 inch TC Barrel myself call bobby hoyt.

2_Tall said:
ChrisHarris said:
I talked to a gunsmith this morning and he told me It can't be bored out because of the under rib screw holes.
He's an epic moron I have a 62 smoothbore made out of a 1 inch TC Barrel myself call bobby hoyt.

He's a muzzleloader barrel manufacturer/distributor. A VERY popular one. :idunno:

I have a factory 15/16 lymann twenty gauge barrel and a toledo drop in twelve gauge, the toledo was NIB and came with proof paperwork.

Sorry i didnt see your post quick enuff. I sold it. Just waiting on the money to get here. Wanna buy some pietta revolvers lol. Ops wrong ace sorry.

Yep 69 would be big enough to be sure. I better just stick with my 54 and 62 till i find a used one come up somewhere and on here you never know what's lobular to pop up

Just take a look at the barrel wall thickness of a smokeless 20 gauge barrel.

Note for more the more pressure than BP will supply they are way thinner.

The Brits will proof any Smokeless barrel with a .020 barrel thickness at the mid line.

I don't see why an inch across the flats barrel cannot be taken to 20 gauge tapped hole depth or not the barrel wall will exceed .020 unless TC really messed up and if they did the barrel was bad from the start in the original caliber.

It is dangerous to compare the thickness of a modern smokeless powder barrel with a muzzleloading barrel.

Barrels that are made for use with smokeless powder, including shotguns, are made from alloy steels which are heat treated to increase their tensile and yield strength properties.
This makes them much stronger than the low carbon steels that are used to make muzzleloading rifle barrels (including TC's).

Back