• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Shop and Bench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that yardstick on there I bet the seamstress in the house will end up having one hell of a sewing table there. :rotf:

Get that M1 away from that cap lock.....never know WHAT would the neighbors would say! :rotf:

Marc

I have vises and bench grinders on their own pedestals, for light work. Welded a post to a semi truck rim, then mounted the vice to post. Semi tractor trailer brake drums make good bases too. Seems like vices are never in the right place. Made an anvil like that too, forged the horn out on a trip hammer, didn't take nearly as long a grinding and torching, got lucky having the equipment around for that.

Zonie said:
With that yardstick on there I bet the seamstress in the house will end up having one hell of a sewing table there. :rotf:
Geeze, Zonie, my very thoughts when I saw the new pictures!

Ok Marc, M1 is gone. Is this better.
Hawken Style, Bag and Horn, Rosewood Ramrod, and a spare horn for the long siege.

Entrance wall is complete. Painted and everything in place. Im done for a couple weeks. Ill be back with more from "The super clean shop series".

Oh ya, The beer tap is going from the frig on the back side of the wall and will be mounted right below the extra Powder Horn.

I was going to say paint before you fill the shop but I see you have started.
Good luck, nice shop.

William Alexander

Here is the reloading section I stepped down. A Standard height 18 inch seat dinning table chair is the perfect height. I ordered a Lab stool with a back, for $34 that adjusts 17 to 21. Should fit the bill. I have Jury trial tomorrow and will hopefully get the Press and powder dispenser mounted in the evening. The inside edge is 4'x 26" deep, again 2x6 top with 3/4 maple plywood glued and screwed on that. I put 1/4 round on the inside edge (make it easier to grab things that roll and keeps components from rolling off). Cant wait to get a 36x30 cabinet to go above. 3 coats of Spar Varnish drying on it tonight.

looks nice!

Three coats of spar varnish? I was taught to do them one at a time, but if that works for you, then by all means, go for it!

Make good smoke!

Went with 2, 24 inch cabinets instead of the 36. Lots of room for reloading equipment and components. Bench laid out the way I like. Sized a couple 308s to see how sturdy and nothing moved or flexed. I like it. Broke now. have to wait till next paycheck for the rest of the cabinets, Think ill put a nice bright natural light florescent tube under the cabinet.

These are the unfinished Oak cabinets from Lowes. I want a nice bright work area and was going to paint everything off white to reflect the light. What do you think.

Nice.....just make sure when you open the cabinet door, the Paris Hilton calendar doesn't fall off.... :haha:

I HAD a sports illustrated swimsuit calendar sent to by my buddy for my shop.......for some reason it disappeared right after I got it in the mail......can't find it anywhere... :youcrazy:
Marc

Are you going to insulate the garage door? I have mine insulated and it makes a huge difference for both temp. and noise.

Yes, its an insulated door. 1 1/2 inch foam I think, I didnt measure it when I cut the vent in it. Need new seals around the edge though. Thats coming soon.

Back