• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Forum Woodswalk get together at Friendship spring shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
I talked to 1sgt (last winner) a couple of months ago about it and we have decided to have the Forum Woodswalk on Saturday afternoon of the first weekend this June at Friendship.
Hope you all can make it.

Any muzzleloadingforum.com members who wish to participate should meet at the woodswalk shack at 1:30pm June 14, the first weekend of the NMLRA Spring shoot.
The forum woodswalk is not sanctioned by the NMLRA but all NMLRA rules apply as we are on their range. Any traditional muzzleloader that is legal for the NMLRA woodswalk may be used. There are no separate categories for rifle, smoothbore, or pistol. Highest score wins.
The winner gets possession of the traveling trophy plate (donated for the purpose by our member, Silex) until the fall shoot, at which the trophy will be passed along to the next winner. The winner should have his or her name engraved on the plate in the appropriate place.

This forum woodswalk has been a fun way for some of our members to meet face to face, shoot together, and have a good time. If you will be at Friendship the first Saturday try and make it. Even if you don't shoot you can stop by and say howdy. :hatsoff:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be rollin' in during the very wee hours of Saturday morning myself. Then I'll probably stay up drinkin'. So I'll be tired and hungover...
If anybody wants a good chance to whup up on me bad on the woodswalk, this is it! :haha:

I won't be able to make it, but hopefully we'll see everybody at the Fall Shoot. Shoot well, have fun, and good luck to all of you. :thumbsup:

I should be able to make it although this will break my old standard of never shooting a match on the first day! I am looking forward to this! :grin:

Sawyer said:
I'll be there and try to make it, I never shot a woodswalk before

WHuuuut??? Never shot a woodswalk?!?!?
You've been missin' out on a lot of fun!

Hope to see you all there. And lots more too. :thumbsup:

That's a good question that I had not even considered. Do they close the course for rain? Only time I ever saw it close due to weather was when hurricane Ike blew up thru the valley...

I guess the rain date would be Sunday same time. In the event that fails too, Monday. etc. etc. etc.

The only reason to not show up is if the woodswalk is closed. So long as it is open we will do the shoot at the scheduled time. A little bit of rain can't stop us! ...But a tornado could. :surrender:

They do close the course for rain and if wet enough, close for the day! Cute story: went through the course, cloudy all day, hit the first 15 targets, rain closed the course, I was leaving that day (fri) had to stay over night, went back sat, missed my first shot and tied for 1st. hit next shot and won gold medal the hard way.

Hello all. I will be there, with the plate of course. I look forward to shooting with friends from the forum. It will be a great way to warm up for the rest of the week.

Eh - it was so close.
I had a business trip lined up right around that weekend, would have been perfect.
Just off the phone it will not fly, so again this time I won't be able to join.

Have fun and please take some pictures for the ones that can't be there.

Silex

Dang! It would have been good to see you again.
Keep trying to schedule them meetings right.

Back