• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Powder horn question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojohand

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have what may seem like a strange question. Imam in the process of main my first powder horn. The horn is about complete and I have woven a strap for it out of jute twine. My question is, what is the best way to secure the strap to the horn? Seems like a simple question, but it's harder than it seems. The strap is woven with 12 strands of jute twine. The ends will be braided, so they will be too thick to tie. Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe if those of you who have made horns could post some pics of the straps would be helpful. Thanks.

Sorry. I just realized I posted this in the wrong area. Admins please move to craftsmen section.

Back