• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Turn" on AMC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As things are going in our country, I cannot wholeheartedly disagree, but for AMC to allow them to advertise on their network, and then schedule their ad during a program such as "TURN", just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I always fast forward through commercials....but I agree...that is pretty bad...who do the advertisers think is watching this show...my guess is not the Aljazeera crowd....maybe it was leftover from the "walking dead" time slot?

I didn't see that ad Sunday night. It really bothers me at times, there seems to be a general "self hate" I guess in this country any more. I'm sure many have nooo problem with it. One wonders where we would be if this generation had been alive in 1775.

IowaScot said:
I didn't see that ad Sunday night. It really bothers me at times, there seems to be a general "self hate" I guess in this country any more. I'm sure many have nooo problem with it. One wonders where we would be if this generation had been alive in 1775.

" God Save The King!" :hatsoff: :doh:

For y'all having trouble with the sound, you might turn on the closed captioning while its on. Anything built in the last 20 years is going to have it. Just seems like a lot less hassle than watching a program twice just to catch the dialogue.

OK experts in the AWI, what's the verdict?

You don't have to be an expert to throw the :bull: flag and to :barf: ...

Sorry, but aside from the attention to details that could use a bit of help (the lead character slashes his scalp with a knife as a "cover"..then is eating dinner with Major Hewlitt and no stitches) is the way the story trashes John Graves "Captain" Simcoe

They could've come up with a fictional character instead of trashing the name of a man whose war record in America was honorable, and who went on to govern the Upper Canadian territories, and established:
courts,
trial by jury,
English common law as the law of the land,
freehold land tenure,
and he abolished slavery 14 years prior to the rest of the United Kingdom, and decades prior to the United States...

Doesn't seem like a scoundrel, does he?

How sharp do the writers have to be to take 60 seconds while sitting at their computers, and Google the man's name and read a bit to know maybe they want to change the character's name from that of an actual historic figure?

LD

I must admit that the portrayal of Simcoe is amusing to me. Where is Tarleton when you need him? Not to say that there weren't "Simcoe types" around.... but I agree that it may not be fair to portray Simcoe as one of them...given what little I know of him. They could have used an anonymous character....or found someone with this particular reputation to pick on. Still...I like that fact that they are using real characters...it will be interesting to see how some of the characters...like Rogers...develop

Supercracker said:
Loyalist Dave said:
Maybe we just beat sense into him. lol :blah:
Seriously....I am sure many a young British officer "grew up" during their service in America...it had to dramatically impact their character development. I'm not saying that it is the case with Simcoe....but his view of the world undoubtedly changed

Speaking from experience whether it's 18 or 30 I've seen both . Every time you go somewhere, and the people don't really want you there and like to shoot at you. You will grow up Quick. Every place you go will change you. I'm positive it was the same 250 years ago .

Well, historical perfection, or lack thereof aside...

The pilot was S-L-O-W. You would expect it to be a real attention getter, suck you in, and hold you. It was dissapointing.

The good news is that the subsequent epsisodes have been much better. This last week was especially good.

I have not experienced any of the volume issues some of you have.

You don't have to be an expert to throw the :bull: flag and to :barf: ...

Sorry, but aside from the attention to details that could use a bit of help (the lead character slashes his scalp with a knife as a "cover"..then is eating dinner with Major Hewlitt and no stitches) is the way the story trashes John Graves "Captain" Simcoe

They could've come up with a fictional character instead of trashing the name of a man whose war record in America was honorable, and who went on to govern the Upper Canadian territories, and established:
courts,
trial by jury,
English common law as the law of the land,
freehold land tenure,
and he abolished slavery 14 years prior to the rest of the United Kingdom, and decades prior to the United States...

LD

I did mention the Hancock House Massacre in my last post. It's all a matter of perspective, although as something of a Loyalist myself, I'd call it a surprise attack, rather than a massacre.

Perhaps one of the producers is from South Jersey and talked to Alicia at the Hancock House for a while (she and I were at college together). :v

With the last episode, the sound was much improved for me. I have noticed that many movie productions today, TV and Hollyweird, are allowing too much back ground volume that interferes with the actors voices. For me anyway. Older movies very seldom allowed this. It would anger the actors if their lines were not heard well. If you watch an older movie, actors voices are usually very clear, even in action scenes.

Back