• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

moose milk container

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dikman said:
Just make sure someone doesn't try it in their coffee....... :wink: .

Just print this out and tape it to the outside of the bottle:
3-skull-and-crossbones-granger.jpg

I have something similar on a bottle of denatured alcohol that I use for stove fuel. I just used strapping tape and it's fairly permanent.

Whoa!! My bad. I misread your question. I thought you were making patches for your round balls using the Dutch Schoultz dry patch method. Dutch brought to my attention that I was answering the wrong question. Now that I have been corrected and know what you asked in the first place, I will answer the question that you asked.

There are numerous small containers that you can use to carry your Moose Milk in. I found that a small spray bottle works quite well for me. I use cotton flannel cleaning patches and I keep my Moose Milk in a small spray bottle that I got at Wally World. It holds about 6 ounces of liquid and has a trigger like a Windex bottle. I lay my patch out on the bench and give it one light spray with the Moose Milk. I then run my finger over the patch to sort of rub in the Moose Milk. The patch is slightly damp and just right for between shot swabbing. That is what works for me.

I don't use moose milk, but a mix of Murphy's and Windex. I save all the small spray bottles from our eyeglass cleaner and 2 squirts seems to do a good job of wetting a patch. The small spray bottles even fit nicely in a shooting pouch. I've got a couple that I have been using for a couple years now and they still work great. I would think something like this would work for Moose Milk as well.

First reply to the forum so i hope i dont mess this up but i am surprised no one has brought up the more "military" solution.

I used for years empty plastic CLP bottles. they come from small to large and with moose milk are very controllable.

i recently upgraded to the brass oil bottles that are aquired with some surplus rifles but they are much harder to come by and i have no "range test" n them as of yet

In any reputable fabric store or sewing machine store you can purchase a small metal oiling can for the sewing machines. It has a pointed oiling tip and it is covered over by a screw on metal top. Unscrew both to fill the oiler. They come in several sizes to fit your needs.

I am more worried about thinking they are eye drops. :shocked2: Have not found a better way yet to carry moose milk with me. The live moose idea sounds good. Might even be able to ride it and use it to help drag deer off the mountain. :hmm:

I use to wear contacts, before cataract surgery so I used a lot of eye drops, that's what I used...

Just take the label off and use a permanent marker to mark what is in it...

Rem Oil also comes in a small, plastic bottle, that could be used as well...

Look around at flea markets and antique stores for the German military metal gun oil bottles. The bottle is unfinished metal with no markings. I have seen them everywhere. The German government must have made a ga-jillion of them. They are round, about 2 to 3 inches in diameter and have two separate compartments. Each compartment has a screw top. I know oil was kept in one compartment and I guess a gun cleaner of some kind was kept in the other. When you get one, you usually have to use something like kerosene or mineral spirits to soak out the congealed oil that was in them when they were put into storage. But, once clean, you can put your Moose Milk in one side and your favorite bore cleaner in the other side. It is small enough to easily fit into your pocket or possibles bag. In use, you would open the Moose Milk side, put the patch over the opening and tip the bottle over to wet the patch. Replace the cap and then squeeze out the excess Moose Milk between your fingers. Bingo! A damp patch ready to do its job in your rifle's bore.

If you can find a reproduction of a Yankee Civil War leather cap box that fits on a belt, the German oil bottle fits nicely in it and you can carry it on your belt.

Back