• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

bone hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Now that only paying folks can go on the non muzzleloading forum I figured sense antler picking is hunting I would put this here.
So far 76 drops several pairs, one in the 200 class range(the one I'm holding) and a couple lion kills, one a 5x6 bull.
Kid is really kicking butt. moving slow and glassing.

Good reminder, I found 5-6 bleached mule deer racks last fall, all in one little rabbit spot. I'd best get over there & see if the deer wintered in the same spot this year. :wink:

Great finds :thumbsup: Your pics are always the best. Beautiful country. And the young un is growing :hatsoff:

No mainly because I don't want my dogs running around deer and elk wintering areas stressing them out.
I see some folks out there who say their dogs are trained to pick up antlers but all I see them do is chase deer and elk.

You can train a dog to trail deer without chasing them, I did. It is easy to train a retriever to hunt and fetch deer antlers.
I even trained a schnauser to retrieve but it took over a year and I wouldn't do it again.

Back