• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pedersoli kentuky 50 ca bullet dia?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironmike

Pilgrim
Reaction score
just picked up a 50 ca pedersoli kenticky flintlock,anyone know what size bullet mold is recomended?

Yo best shoot it like a 100 times to break it in with store bought balls. Get .490 and .495 and try both and a bunch of patch combos and lubes. When you find the right load then get the mold. Get Dutch's system too, he has lotta good ideas and has allota folks giving excellent reviews on it. I just got mine....should get my Ballistol today and will make me a bunch of dry patches and maybe head out to shoot this weekend.

I get good results in mine with .490 ball made from Lee mold, .150 patch strip cut at muzzle lubed with Trappers Mink Oil from TOtW.

Not if you are starting the ball with a sledge hammer and a steel rod. Easy Peasy! :haha: :haha:

We need to go easy on him, it was an obvious typo. But, boy is it fun ribbing him. :hatsoff:

Whadda ya mean "Ribbing Him" no quarter!
It is always hard for a new person to catch on to our language.
Of course a new shooter should know that we use different thickness of patches. Why........I still don't know how to measure soft cloth material, and I have worked in a machine shop environment for most of my life.
Fred

Latest posts

Back