• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli .45 Kentucky Flint arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmills

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My new (to me) first flintlock arrived today. Pedersoli .45 Kentucky. It is super clean and well maintained. Bore looks very good inside. It came with a flint installed with leather. Sparks fine. I pulled the lock and cleaned and oiled it. I put a screwdriver in the slot of the touch hole but it would not budge under moderate pressure. It was my plan to it out and reinstall with anti-seize, but didn't want to go to heavy force.

Should I just leave it alone or try harder to get it out?

Thanks.

Don.

If it doesn't come out easily now, it won't come out any harder later. Just leave it alone as long as the gun shoots fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it! :idunno:

do no remove the flash hole liner. it will lead to, too many problems they are not meant to be removed. only if it needs to be replaced. which should be in about one lifetime.

ohio ramrod said:
If it doesn't come out easily now, it won't come out any harder later. Just leave it alone as long as the gun shoots fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it! :idunno:

That's my thought process now. It's not like a nipple, and so forth.

Latest posts

Back