• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Turkey is whats for dinner.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from Mason, TX area. Saw lots of turkeys everyday. I was pig hunting with a longbow. Shot a couple nice ones, but that belongs in a different forum.

I thought I'd like to come back there and hunt turkeys with my flintlock.

That is some good country in the Mason area , I'm a hardcore Trad bowhunter myself , have been playing with these smokepoles so I can rest two tore-up shoulders. The flintlocks kind of go along with my way of doing things been having lots of fun with em...

,,,,Sam,,,,

Sam Stephens said:
I'm a hardcore Trad bowhunter myself , have been playing with these smokepoles so I can rest two tore-up shoulders. ,Sam,

I tore up both my shoulders in the early '90s pulling too much poundage with my bow. Resting them didn't help. Cortisone shots helped some but I never got to where they were good again.
I have to use a crossbow now .. and I hate it.

Yes sir , snake boots , lots of fanged critters in most of my hunting areas....

My left rotator is tore , then a year later I hurt my right one , never went to the doc on that one but it feels like the other , all they tell me is they can operate and fix em. My dad had his done and says it's worse now , I'm holding out til I have no choice. I can still shoot my bows but will hurt for weeks after..

,,,,,Sam,,,

Unfortunately, it will get worse as time progresses. However, I would be in no rush to undergo surgery. I have only talked to 2 people who were pleased with the results. Rehabbing a shoulder after surgery takes the better part of a year they tell me.

I did 6 weeks of rehab exercises at the clinic last summer and they didn't get a bit better. A shot fixed it (temporarily) in 10 minutes.

congrats!
(God willing, in 2 weeks we'll have some fun in colorado too, just came back from a shoot and scout, a lot of sign, droppings, scratches and feathers.)

I like to dice up the breast and stir fry it

turkey_stirfry.jpg

Then throw in some summer squash, snow peas and a little onion.

turkey_stirfry2.jpg

Put it over a pile of rice, add some soy sauce and mmmmm

turkey_stirfry3.jpg

That looks good , going back in a few weeks for more turkey meat , will give that a try.....

,,,,Sam,,,,

Back