• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Engraving

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolasa

32 Cal.
Reaction score
For engraving a muzzleloader:
locks
butt plate
toe plate
trigger guard
barrel
etc.

Can any body recommend an engraver in the Bay Area of California?

If not California, anywhere in the USA for that matter.

JonS

Have used Tim Adlam for many years....he's quite a talented engraver and artist.

His tel. no...920.235.4589
[email protected]
He's located in Oshkosh, Wi.

Tim has many styles and has the ability to put himself into a MLer frame of mind. Below is a Pbox he did recently.......Fred

jolasa Chuck Edwards is one of the best engravers I know of.He apprenticed with Ron Elhert. 573 568 2075 .Curt

....all this time, I thought all you guys did your own engraving....
I do, every time my file slips or rasp connects metal parts, or...... :redface: :doh:

Flint311 said:
....all this time, I thought all you guys did your own engraving....
I do, every time my file slips or rasp connects metal parts, or...... :redface: :doh:

Here lately......I have been very clumsy, I have " engraving" on every finger and hands.....some on the arms, and few even on my shins...... :youcrazy: I must be working up to something!!!

:rotf: :rotf:

Hi,
I do my own engraving:

Finished17thcenturyfowlerbuttplate2.jpg

Sideplate17thcenturyfowler.jpg

dave

That's such an impressive skill, I feel like a caveman everytime I pick up a chisel and beat the wood into submission.

That is an amazing job, you should be proud.

Dave, that is some outstanding engraving.

I do my own as well. But compared to your work, calling mine engraving is a bit of a stretch - guess that's why I haven't given up my day job :rotf:

Excellent engraving by a talented artist. Some "got it" and some don't....I'm in the latter category.

Due to bad eyesight, I'm switching to Southern LRs.....the main advantage is that they're usually not carved and engraved...and also I don't get an inferiority complex from Tim Adlam's engraving....Fred

Fred I hope you didn't take my comment wrong or to mean anything negative about Tims work as it looks very good also .Curt

Hi Fred,
I certainly appreciate the eye issues you are going through. I suspect there will be some fantastic southern rifles coming out of your shop.

dave

Hi Curt...not in the least. I've known and used Tim for many years...and, he's only 45 mins away.

Dave.... thanks for the concern....you surely do excellent work...not only your engraving but also your guns.....Fred

Latest posts

Back