• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cow Pasture Snipe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We've had a lot of rain lately that has all my fields flooded. Every day when I walk the dogs I kick up snipe but haven't been able to get after them after hurting my arm in August. Today was the first time I've been out since then. Also my first snipe, which I especially like as this gun has a gold inlaid snipe on it.

Just a quick walk around before work. Put up 8 birds, got 3 shots, dropped one. Also kicked up 2 rabbits and thoroughly missed them both.I did really enjoy seeing Jaeger get to go be a bird dog again. He was going stir crazy on our walks pointing birds, then they fly without me taking a shot and he just looks at me like I'm an idiot. I swear he had started shaking his head at me in disgust. He'd pretty well given up on me.

Jaegerwithsnipe.jpg

Jaegpt3.jpg

Jaegpt2.jpg

About a nanosecond after I snapped this pic a rabbit busted out and ran right past me. Took me 10 minutes to find my phone. Also last pic I took. lol
Jaegpt1.jpg

Jaeger's a fine looking bird dog, that's for sure. It's such a pleasure watching them work. You're a fortunate man, my congratulations! :thumbsup:

Your dog looks like he was having as much fun as you were! Jacksnipe are definitely quite the challenge and it is very rewarding to have success as you did. That picture of Jaeger with the hunting bag and double is a classic :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cynthialee said:
I had thought Snipe hunting was just a prank to pull on city folks. Then it turns out there really is a bird called a snipe and folks really do hunt them.
go figure

Oh heck ya! You've never been? Welllll get yourself a stick & a burlap bag and meet us down by the old swamp about dark. . . . :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Is THAT the hunt you were thinking about? :haha:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for the pics and story.Great lookin shorthair,i have 3 of them.Griz

Latest posts

Back