• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Some Horns I Have Made

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billk

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are pics of some horn I have done over the last few years. The whit horn was just finished in time for Christmas and given to a friend as a gift.
Thank you. BillK

fantastic work ... I like the bottom one best ... how did you get the reddish undertones?

Great work ... gotta try that all- black deal ... (18th century Goth?)

Thank you.
That is my buffalo horn and it is one of my favorites. I like to carry it the most. After I did the scrimshaw, I colored it with india red ink. However, the designs did not show very well, so I went over it with a red Sharpie fine marker.
BillK

Thank you.
That is my buffalo horn and it is one of my favorites. I like to carry it the most. After I did the scrimshaw, I colored it with india red ink. However, the designs did not show very well, so I went over it with a red Sharpie fine marker.
BillK

Thank you. I am Greek and I grew up near the ocean. The dolphins are from an old classical fresco and are an interpretation of my heritage. I used that horn for some time, but now it resides at a friend's home who liked it too much. Thus, I keep making more, LOL.
Billk

A Plains Indian motif on an 18th century horn? :confused:

Image7.jpg

steve1122 said:
Beautiful horns! If you give these away to your friends as gifts, can I be your friend? :shocked2:

X2! :grin: I'd never be able to afford to just buy one on my poor mans budget. :shake:

Absolutely beautiful! Wish I could have just a little of your talent.

Back