• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C drop in barrels available

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galamb

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Was just looking on Muzzleloader Builder's Supply (MBS) website.

They have listed a "limited supply" of ROUND BALL only (slow twist), 50 cal, 15/16" AFT, Thompson Center drop in barrels - both Flint and Percussion - for $220 each Link to MBS

This may be a "last chance" to get them at this price so any who may be interested should get ahold of Ryan or Terry-Jo real quick...

Has any one ordered from them before, and what is the quality of their product? i take it these barrels are already blued and are a direct drop in with out adapting anything.

10_point said:
Has any one ordered from them before, and what is the quality of their product? i take it these barrels are already blued and are a direct drop in with out adapting anything.

The folks are top notch, honest and are nice to do business with.

Why not call the folks and ask them who made the barrels and the rest of your questions, they will and can answer your questions, I have no idea what is in their inventory nor will anyone else here.

I called, they have 3 cap lock and 1 flint lock barrels in stock, they are green mountain drop in , i am ordering one soon as my wife gets home with the charge card.

I don't need anymore, but I would grab what you need or think you need. There will be no more in the future from GM which is sad.

If you ever want nylon ram rod guides they have them, nylon guides are hard to find

I was told on the green mountain Face Book page by a GM employee that they are making ML barrels but they are not drop in. I went and looked and they do offer barrels but nothing else. I asked about a fast twist bullet barrel and they said they were going to offer them but again you would have to either have a lot of tool and talent or a gun smith to finish it.
I have a feeling that the whole recall thing was the finishing touch to them offering a drop in product. That is a shame because it was a great way to expand on ml enjoyment. Ron

MBS is an excellent place to deal with, probably my single largest source of parts.

They will make the smallest issue right without any quibbling at all.

From time to time they do pick up a few items that are available no where else.

I would assume that they just tripped over these barrels from another supplier who had them laying around as GM has not produced or shipped a drop in for some time now and this not something they typically carried even when they were available.

They are a "builders" supply primarily...

Richard Eames said:
If you ever want nylon ram rod guides they have them, nylon guides are hard to find

Their nylon bore guides are way better than using brass bore guides. Those nylon bore guides will not damage the crown, but brass ones can.

Latest posts

Back