• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Change over to bunnies.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes/Tex,

Homer would run around like a nut-job and have diarrhea too.

He was so happy to hunt he could just @$%$!!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Happy, no doubt...never saw diarrhea! Either more refined or better diet! :wink: :haha:

Wes/Tex
Vetustior Humo

:rotf:

Only thing I ever hunted with a dog was mice. My toy rat terrier is the most efficient and brutal mouse hunter ever. Puts the cats to shame so much whenever I see a rodent I just call the dog. Takes them cats all day to catch a mouse. Takes Lilly about 2 seconds once she knows about it.

When my beagle Oliver isn't spooning with my Dachsund Diefenbaker. He actually loves to chase Snowshoe hare. Until he gets cold. Then more spooning. :grin:

Diefenbaker...excellent! At least you did't go with Tinkles or something daft! :wink: :haha:

Years ago, I had a spayed Cocker Spaniel gripe named "Floyda" that was PURE DEATH on swamp bunnies.
Floyda would also flush birds, tree squirrels, coons & possums and was "a willing partner" in most any outdoor activity, as long as she lived.
(There's NO closed season or "bag limit" on rabbits in TX but we only hunt them after the 2nd hard freeze, lest you catch "rabbit fever".)

From personal experience, I can tell you that a .36cal mountain rifle using "000 buckshot" is PERFECT for "driven bunnies". - Many a time, the 2 of us "fed the neighborhood" with cottontails/swamp rabbits for less than a dollar.
(Being on the bottom of the food chain, bunnies are VERY numerous all over TX.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, satx

She's not a beagle but my Boykin spaniel, Nyssa, is as good an all-everything dog as you'll ever find ... except possums .. she hates them.

NEAT-LOOKING POOCH!! ====> The caption under than photo should be, "Say Dad, and what are YOU having for supper?"

Btw, my all-time BEST "all-around gundog", believe it or not, was a spayed BORDER COLLIE gripe, that NOBODY, except me, would even take as a gift. = Surprise, surprise, one morning I looked up & discovered that my "ugly duckling" had (when I wasn't looking) become a "swan".
(Further, some days, I thought that she was smarter than I was/am. = "Missy" seemed to KNOW what the game was going to do BEFORE the quarry did.)

While she didn't point birds, she would flush them and thought that "retrieving" was a FUN game. = When that tail "went up" you had to be ready to SHOOT, as "Missy" was about to jump INTO the middle of the covey.

I miss her still.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, satx

Back