• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi From New York

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenT

32 Cal.
Reaction score
New to muzzleloading and new to the forum. Hope to get some good information and help. Thanks in advance.
Steve

Hello Stephen, from a fellow New Yorker! I'm way west of you in Jamestown, about 60 miles south of Buffalo. When I saw you were in NY I was hoping you were close enough that we could get together and make some smoke but 400 miles may be a little too far for that! But, welcome to the forum! If you're into traditional muzzleloading, this is the place! Question for you; The NY DEC regs say you can't go afield with a rifle on Long Island, so where do you shoot?

Patrick

Welcome to the addiction! A year form now your family may not know you!! :haha: Ask any questions and jump in with comments as they come to you. Merry Christmas!

Welcome friend!! Just a little southwest of Cooperstown!! Welcome to the addiction!! There is NO 12 step program for this!!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Stephen25:

Welcome from a fellow Long Islander!

By any chance do you shoot at the Town of Islip Range?

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Hello, Tele! Good to see you around. When they ran the "name your gun post" you should have jumped in with the names of your 'ladies'! :thumbsup: Merry Christmas!

You'll find much of both, here. Remember, the only dumb question is the one that is never voiced.

Be sure to make use of the Search engine. You might want to set it to "A Year and Older", when you do. Little here that hasn't been debated once, twice and again! :thumbsup: :wink:

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome.
Hey Alden & Telo we're just about neighbors. I'm in Medford. Spend most of my time at the Brookhaven and Yaphank range ( military surplus rifles, trap shooting and pistols). This is my first endeavor into muzzleloading with an Enfield 1842 .69 musket.

Nice to have you on the forum. You'll learn lots from this big knowledge bank. Enjoy! :)

Hey Stephen25 welcome to the forum,i'am on long island also(Massapequa) I usually shoot at brookheaven and mitchell airfield. Hopefully we can shoot some time. Great bunch of people here and lots of good info. Shoot safe.Moe

Latest posts

Back