• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Turn" on AMC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From AMC's website:

About the Show

Based on the book Washington’s Spies written by Alexander Rose, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. Turn, from AMC Studios, is written by showrunner Craig Silverstein (Nikita) and executive produced by Barry Josephson (Bones, Enchanted) from Josephson Entertainment. The series stars Jamie Bell as Abraham Woodhull, Kevin McNally as Judge Richard Woodhull, Burn Gorman as Major Hewlett, Angus MacFadyen as Robert Rogers, JJ Feild as Major John Andre, Seth Numrich as Ben Talmadge, Daniel Henshall as Caleb, and Heather Lind as Anna Strong.

I saw an interview with the author of this book on TV last week, sounded very interesting. I want to read it, after I finish the two dozen other books I have lined up.

That movie looks good. I'll spread that link around to some other forums.

It has to be good since it will feature Mrs Coot as an extra! She may have a report on costuming quality in a few days.

This show looks perfect! AMC does a pretty good job with all their shows, I'm sure one can expect the same here!

:thumbsup: It does look promising... as well as the book.. Thanks for sharing the info!... :bow:

All the VERY BEST! :thumbsup:
~Indy
(AKA: MountainManIndy)

Been looking forward to this. Hopefully it's as well made as their other original series.

There is review at the Journal of the American Revolution website. Sorry, I'm on my phone so I can't post the link.

I am going to be so disappointed if this isn't any good....I have been building it up in my mind and to my family for so long. It is replacing "The Walking Dead" time slot on AMC....hopefully that is not how I feel after watching it. :grin:

I know how you feel......but, it's a step in the right direction, and it has some decent actors, so let's hope it's as good as we want it to be! :idunno:

Thanks for the heads up. I am set up to record it. Hope it is good and not another of the Hollywood mutilations of history.

I watched it last night, I thought it to be pretty good, however, it is moving rather slow. As to historical accuracy, the verdict is still out. I wonder where they got their props, because I want a few.

I watched the program last night also. There was a lot to like from the standpoint of scenery and such. But for me, I had some difficulty hearing a lot of the dialog. Maybe they just whispered too much or mumbled, making it a bit hard to follow. I thought it was pretty good over all.

OK experts in the AWI, what's the verdict?
(I liked it for whatever that's worth but I'm FAR from an AWI expert, especially given that I liked THE PATRIOT.)

yours, satx

I liked it too.

Let's try to remember, it's not a documentary. It's a TV show. I'm thrilled to have had not one but two (Black Sails) high production value period series one right after the other. Maybe there's some interest brewing that will make us see more of this.

I'd rather have several seasons of a good show that has taken some liberties and artistic license in the name of making a good story than a single season of a meticulously researched show that's 100% PH/HC.

Back