• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

scratch built underhammer boot pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybushman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
i made this about a month ago , only bought part is the nipple (donated) but i could have used one i made a while ago , the barrel was drilled with a drill press ( the cheap $75 brand new kind). and the reciever is rectangle tubing , this is the rough side of the grip , the other is way better.it is pretty snappy with about a half teaspoon of my homemade bp and i used a toy gun cap to light it off a coupe times and it worked fine .
IMG_1098.jpg

any questions feel free to ask

No photo. I don't know why but it just wasn't there. I'd love to see what you made. Please try posting a photo again.

Good invention there....but but short pieces of barrels can be gotten from places like gun parts and bobby Hoyt cheap snuff, and making your own BP is like going on a date with Lindsey Lohan......you'll never know what you are gonna get, dangerous, and you aren't supposed to talk about it :surrender:
Put that energy toward the next step up in the evolution of your hobby......you'll last longer with all you body parts....

Trust me....I have stories of my own from younger days of 18yr old out on the farm bored and access to "stuff" :shocked2: :doh:

That is a darned interesting little pistol. I have a few reservations about the safety of it since I have no idea what the barrel is made of and the question of what you are feeding it leaves more than a little bit of concern. :hmm: I'd feel a bit more comfortable if I knew that the barrel is made of an approved gun barrel quality steel and you were feeding it something like Goex, Swiss, etc rather than a "home brewed" powder. Having said that, I do think it is a very interesting gun and shows some pretty nice craftsmanship in its construction. :thumbsup:

i would apprecate any new comments would not regard saftey or homemade black powder , i understand in the photo the barrel looks skinny but it is not . i have made many guns before and fully understand the saftey requirements when building a gun . this gun will not blow up . end of discussion .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back