• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Percussion cap brand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RWS 1075 definitely my FIRST choice, but they are REAL hard to find down this way.
CCI's are more available and are a good SECOND choice if my supply of RWS is exhausted.
Both work just fine on my caplock rifle with "Hot-Shot" nipple.

The different brand caps are not all the same taper. I can use CCI magnum #11s on my T/C Hawken but they won't fit anything else. They won't seat all the way on my Ruger Old Army or my T/C Patriot. Same with the Winchester #11s. Remington #10s work great on my Ruger but are too loose on the Patriot and a derringer. I have to use some metric Austrian caps for those. :surrender:

I took my ROA to the local smith today to have him recut the forcing cone and replace the front siight. As I was rummaging through some of my black powder stuff I came across two cans of ALCAN musket caps: still sealed.

Good caps. I wish they still made them.

Latest posts

Back