• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Oklahoma

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok Bowhunter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
New to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. Been shooting BB since the early eighties starting out with a CVA 50 cal kit that I built (should never sold it) . Went over to a 54 Lymans Great Plains rifle loved how shot but not the weight, so I sold it and went to the tecno dark side of inlines (yep I tried fixing something that did not need fixed) . So a few months ago we were having a NRA shoot for kids at the gun club and I got to work the muzzle loader range. It was a blast watching the kids blast away and it got me wanting to get back into muzzle loading. So I found this site and been lurking around awhile and decided to join.

Now I find myself looking for a rifle and an Oklahoma group to shoot with. I look forward to getting to learn from all the members.

Howdy and Welcome,
I am new here also but have already gained a lot form this very well informed forum. There is a good BP club near Shawnee, are you anywhere near there, I can give you a name to contact.
Tom

If you are referring to the Crosstimber Club, at Tecumseh...they moved to Slaughtervile, okla. That's near Lexington.

Howdy OKBowhunter,
No info on the Lex club and my buddy is fishing today. May be able to contact him in a day or so and get info on his group. I don't know the name of the group but I know they meet and shoot one Sunday a month. I used to live in Blanchard but moved to Wisc. last summer.
Good luck,
Tom

Howdy OKBow,
No, we do not miss the heat or the tornados but we do miss our many good friends and Okla in general. It is beautiful up here, I live in the Driftless area in SW Wisc and and it is an outdoor mans paridise. Here is my email address and I will send you the info on the Cross Tembers Primitive Society. Vearl is correct and they are close to you. Email me at [email protected]
Tom

Waits said:
Howdy OKBow,
No, we do not miss the heat or the tornados but we do miss our many good friends and Okla in general. It is beautiful up here, I live in the Driftless area in SW Wisc and and it is an outdoor mans paridise. Here is my email address and I will send you the info on the Cross Tembers Primitive Society. Vearl is correct and they are close to you. Email me at [email protected]
Tom
Crosstimbers Primitive Society
Contact Name: Monroe Walters
Address: 35214 Highway 102
City: Wanette, OK 74878
Phone Number: 405-383-2488

There you go, OKBow,
Jacks got you covered. I did not want to post Monroe's info because I didnt get it directly from him. He is the current contact person for the club. I met a bunch of the guys a year or so ago in Blanchard at an eating meeting and know you will enjoy getting to know them. Lot of good shooters too.
Tom

Back