• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a Lee Mold - .490 Round Ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everywhere I look has them listed as out of stock or backordered.

If you know where I could find any let me know. Single cavity or double - I don't care.

Hi Semisane - go to ebay and put in the Search box, Lee .490 round ball mould. There are at least 3 or 4 listed there! Good luck choosing - MJW

I was going to say the same! I just ordered my .490 ball and .500 R.E.A.L. combo mold for my traditions Kentucky 50cal. from eBay last week.

Semisane said:
Richard Eames said:
Possible's Shop has them in stock.

Thanks Richard, gut $25.95 plus $11.50 shipping. They've got to be kidding.

You asked who had one as you could not find one, I simply told you who had one.

He is a board sponsor. He is a nice person to do business with.

Complain to him, it's his business, he can charge what he wants for shipping, I simply found you one did I not?

Didn't mean to rile you Richard. And I appreciate your input, and the info from you other guys.

It's just that I found that price really out of line. I bought my last two Lee molds from Graf & Sons. Their price, with shipping and handling, is $27.94. I can't see paying 34% more than the Graf price. That's a pretty big premium.

Try living in Australia, some of the shipping prices I've been quoted are astronomical.

It's odd as my dealings with them has always been very fair. They are good people. Geo. T.

I have no doubt they are good people. Most people in this game of ours are. I didn't question their character, only their price on this particular item.

He is nice to business with.

It does seem lately lots of folks are not happy with the charges they are paying for shipping from all the places, not just M/L places. You have a choice, pay for shipping or pay for gas if you can find the item local.

In the M/L world there are very few places locally who can provide what we need.

You either shop the internet or do without. Not much choice is there, especially when most places do not have inventory in place due to the shortages.

You have shared where you live, not many places to shop are there?

You have shared where you live, not many places to shop are there?

I'm just outside of New Orleans. Three pretty good gun shops within 10 miles. But you're right. Their stock of muzzleloading stuff is pretty slim. Cabala's is about 50 miles and Bass Pro about 75.

If Lee were to have a fire, like Powder Inc., and didn't make anymore you might think that price was low. I know a few people wishing for cylinder loaders.

It is good.
A lot of folks know about it.
Something listed as "in stock" can disappear pretty quick sometimes.
I've had a few dealing with them through the years, always easy to work with and hassle free.

Back