• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Salt, I love TOTW. I got my jaeger kit from them and flints and so on and so forth. Now I'm waiting on some new gun sights. Keep us updated on your horn progress 'cause I'm contemplating on building another one and I love to hear about other people's projects including their trials and tribulations.

I don't know if you can get away with this, but I've heard of guys buying five or six versions, choosing which one to keep and sending back the rest.

Regards, sse

Looks good old salt, That is a nice and white horn, Keep us posted on your progress. :thumbsup:
Lehigh..

It's looking great. I like seeing the in progress pics. Thanks for taking the time to post.

What did you dye the throat with?

PD

So, when do you want to start on mine, and how much will it be? :: Seriously though, you are doing a nice job on it. You get a few more horns under yer belt, and you may have found a new profession. :front:

That's a fine looking horn Old Salt..far as making the scrimshaw darker I used India Ink..but don't know if that's pc or not. I was thinking about experimenting with different colors myself...like real turkey colors, but don't know how to go about it and how un pc it would be..etc.

This is the Exacto Knife I think might come in handy with inletting and scrimshawing..I saw it at Michels..and they wanted $10.00 and I didn't buy it..too high..probaly will go back today and get one anyway. Far as inletting it probably is kinda wimpy..but might come in handy just getting that first outline cut.

Swivel Blade Knife

Hi Salty:

A really nice job you've done there!!

Like I told you, you seem to have WAY too much free time; maybe we should trade jobs and I can make progress on my pistol....

v/r, Bluejacket

Old Salt,
Great job!!! When you take on a project such
as yours the only person you need to satisfy is yourself.
:thanks: for sharing your experience with us :applause:.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

I have used india ink ,lantern soot, and ebony stain to darken the schrimsaw work. by the way " beauty horn eh!" :thumbsup:

Hey Old Salt,

please show us those straps when you get 'em finished.

Just wonderin' --- Do you do a persona? and if so does your persona include a nautical background. If I put one together, I think my character would have spent some time at sea, but not a lot (just like the real me).

Good lookin horn. I like the Gadsen/TMA influence. :front:

Back