• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Family trying to Identify Antique Flintlock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second pistol, the small percussion one with the brass frame, is a modern Kit pistol. I made one just like it in the 60s or 70s, and it sits nailed in a shadow box, rusting over my work bench. It may be worth $100 or there abouts.

arw22lr said:
Musashi,
Your pistol with the lock marked "Adkins" may have been built in New York. They often used plain wood. Sometimes the engraving was more floral in NY than other states, which possibly was an English style. I don't think there is a way to tell for certain, though, unless there is a name on the bottom of the barrel that ties it to NY. I think it is the original stocking. It appears to have a notch just to the rear of the hammer at rest, which allowed the shoulder of the original flint cock to clear the wood and come to rest on the lock-plate. Is there a notch there? It is a nice pistol. It will be interesting to see what MacRob46 finds out at the museum.

I took a look at the pistols at the Scottish Tartans Museum last week. They are Twiggs - English - and bear a superficial resemblence to the pistol in question. I don't think they provide any clues to the Adkins pistol. I do have a photo of the Museum pistols and will try to post it in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back