• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lefty Canoe Gun Completed.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright Already!!! :grin: Right now it's a wannabee turkey gun and maybe, just maybe I'll shoot a canoe with it and then I'll call it a canoe gun.
It was a very pleasurable experience building it and I see another flintlock project on the horizon.
Who knows? Maybe the next one will be an outhouse gun for when things get a little nasty.
Like they're likely to do if some greenhorn newbie doesn't do his H.C. homework. :grin:
Seriously though, I'll call it "Shorty" my first flintlock build and be satisfied with that until the day that I finally slay my first turkey or if one should cross my path...My first ever canoe.

Yeah, what Rob H said. :thumbsup: Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Had you not took the time to share with us, :doh: you may have a turkey already. Good job puttin' up with all the B>S about the boat :hatsoff:

great looking gun!

(by the way, if you do get a canoe stamp in the lottery, be sure to have extra room in your freezer: canoe are a lot of work to field dress, a pain in the Clinton to butcher, and prove a (forgive the pun) a boatload of little white packages...

:rotf:

well done - make good smoke!

So tell me...Where I am from we can't hunt canoes or buggies. Is there a size limit? Is there a special season or permit for female canoes or buggies? JK...very nice looking gun. I hope it shoots half as good as it looks. Love the lefty flint. Let us know what kind of pet load you develop for it. Nice looking stock too.

Best way to shoot a barn is from inside--I usually can't miss--most a the time. PS don't try that with a canoe Tom

Just call it a barn gun or poor boy and everyone will be happy. :rotf: Same historic issue with those names, but they're fashionable. :bull:

Fashionable names now or not---canoe, barn poorboy etc. The old ones most likely called 'em the same as we do "MY gun/rifle" Whatever the darn bbl. length...Just my thoughts, not a scientific study... Tom

I hope my first comes out as well. Left handed Leman.

I've been finding that stock bedding compound is becoming a fast friend.

Back