• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kentucky Devil Bird

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally one of those Kentucky birds made a mistake.
Finally I was in the right place and not on the wrong ridge.
Finally I was not in the bottom of the gully when they were
on the top of the ridge. Finally I was not on the top of the ridge when they were in the bottom of the gully. Sometimes it just pays to be stubborn.

PJC

Thats a real nice looking bird ya have there!! And thats a beautiful gun you have there! the curl is awesome!! Now give us the particulars on the gun an the load you used!.

:hatsoff:
Congratulations!

A little cat and mouse game is always nice, isn't it?

Nice bird and nice gun! Congratulations.

Ain't it great when it all works out!!

Spikebuck said:
Great job! In the picture you really were able to pick up the beautiful sheen that turkey feathers can have in the right light! :thumbsup:

I shot the bird late in the afternoon and the sun, while not setting was at a great angle to capture the magic of the turkey feathers that make them such a special bird.

armakiller said:
Thats a real nice looking bird ya have there!! And thats a beautiful gun you have there! the curl is awesome!! Now give us the particulars on the gun an the load you used!.

I have given the gun information before and did not want to bore people with the details again. but for those interested.
It is a Isaac Haines, Smoothbore rifle, as it has a rear sight.
38 inch colerain barrel. The turkey was shot at 30 yards with 90gr of FFFg and equal amount or 1.5 oz of number 5 shot. The gun was built by John Bergmann in Tennessee. John offers what I consider to be great value to a blue collar worker for his hard earned money. I told John that I wanted a deep red amber color that you might see in the coals of a fire. I had a difficult time trying to explain what I wanted him to capture but I think he did a great job. A great piece of maple with even curl from end to end. Some well executed carving as well. No patch box.

PJC

Congrats!!!

Beautiful gun and bird...

Looks like the barrel is octagon to round, also, what gauge barrel is on her???

Back