• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The O'Dea

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well lads, I have just ordered a pistol from Loyalists Arms. They have it listed as a Tower Pistol, but it is actually a very good copy of the "India" pattern 1867 smooth bore lancers pistol. used strictly in India. That is alright,as I need it as my Howdah pistol! They posted me a signal with all off the data. Very nice, I do like their response time. One problem though this pictular arm calls for a .635 round ball.
Well,I have come up with a dry well! You assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The Irish Mick
Arizona Territory

Now here's something. Track of The wolf has .626
RB's. A might under size. but with a paper wad it just might fill the bilol. Don't let that stop you from looking. :grin:

-The Irish Mick
Arizona Territory

-Brits,
That might work for a grapeshot load, but I would like to make sure that I can hit something a fer piece away :wink:

Do not buy any ball for your pistol until it arrives and you either mic the bore, or they have given you the bore dimensions of the pistol that they are sending TO YOU. You will find, if you buy enough of the Indian made muzzle loaders, that the bore sizes vary from gun to gun several thousands of an inch. So IF you go and buy the size ball that this pistol is advertised as , you may be sadly surprised to find that they may either be too large, or too small.IF this seller is like Middlesex Village, when you get the gun, they will have miked the bore for you and recorded it in the owners manual(just in case some owners do not have access to a micrometer)if you have one then you can double check, then go buy the correct size ball, wad etc. It will save you some cash in the long run.

You might as well email Jeff Tanner and get exactly what you want. I bought a .640 mold from him for a Tower pistol. The mold will probably be in your hands before the pistol is.

[email protected]

Many Klatch

You lads are great :bow:
I guess I just went off half cocked. I was advised that the pistols are on back order, and shoud be instock in two (2) weeks.
This will be my first non US manufactured gun, so this is new to me.
Being from the old school, in more ways than one, I started out shooting original muzzle loaders, and to this day I still do. My musket is an original M1822 Springfield that was reconverted. A real tack driver she is! I also have a M1841 "Windsor" rifle with one of Bill Large's fine barrels. He made it for me in 1968 or so.
Anyway. thanks for you help, and I will post when it arrives.

-The Irish Mick
Arizona Territroy

Eddie May of Chattsworth, GA has them in that size! Buy them buy the 100s and have him fit all that can be put, up to 70#s anyway, into the 'fixed fee' USPS shipping boxes.

Eddie May Round Balls
159 Ridley Rd.
Chatsworth, GA 30705
(706) 581-8225

had a 66 japanise smoothy that was very poorly made.The man I traded it from called it "drug in the mud".It did shoot center though.I tooke it to a muskit frolic in north missouri ran out of balls for it.I bought a bag of 60s and patched them with old blue jean lubed with lard.It shot the same as it did with the .650 and .15 patch about 2 inch at 25 yrd.Cut it down to a blanket gun and gave it to a friend. He shot it with the 24gage balls he used in his trad gun patched with 10 oz canvas.Your smoothy might just be forgiving of a loose load

as said, dont buy a mold till you have the gun. those india made barrels can vary widely in size.

my 69 cal musket came at .712

-matt

Back