• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A walk in the woods with the .40cal...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
This retiree decided to stretch his legs on a chilly walk in the woods this afternoon...also went armed and was glad I did. What appeared to be a full grown Ninja Gray Squirrel jumped up on a log about 20-25yds in front of me, striking a very menacing pose...you know, with that tail all curved up graceful like behind his back and all.
Fortunately the .40cal TVM Late Lancaster came up smoothly and delivered as designed, making the woods safe again.
(Tough going walking on "corn flakes"...hope to go again after Thursday / Friday's rain)

02041340calSquirrelHunt_zps105e9351.jpg

I broke two toes last thursday and the Doc, says I have to work from a chair (at my shop that means paper work)this week :shocked2: and maybe next :youcrazy: Not much I can do about this week. but I told the boss, If I'm not clear to work next week I'm taking it off.

Then I'll limp out with my new .32 Cal. and stand guard against the famed killer cotton tail. Maybe even a snowshoe or two if my gimpy toes are up to it.

Between us we will make it safe for spring hikers, if we have to fill the stew pot to do it!!! :grin:

Your lucky you were not killed RB. If not for the trusty 40 your scalp would be hanging from his den. Just goes to show ya. Never leave home without it :hatsoff:

:nono: Always take enough gun when trapsing thru the woods...I would have felt better with a .54 or .58 cal when fooling around with such dangerous game!

Not to worry...I'd unsnapped the thumb-strap on my holster in case one PRB wasn't enough and he charged...LOL

That is a fine looking rifle. That bushy tail was lucky to be killed with such a fine rifle! Geo. T.

It does have eye appeal for sure...it's TVM's Late Lancaster by Matt Avance.
No frills, just a piece of wood that knocks your socks off.
GM 13/16" x 38" barrel, Jim Chambers Deluxe Siler lock, and Davis double set triggers.
I had Dennis McCandless, Custom Breeching Shop, make / fit a Patent Breech style breechplug for the barrel.
Very fast, very accurate rifle...retirement present to myself.

It is a very pretty gun. As a retirement present, had you ever thought about going back to work, only so you can re-retire? :grin:

Dave K said:
It is a very pretty gun. As a retirement present, had you ever thought about going back to work, only so you can re-retire? :grin:
Not even for 10 more like this...LOL.
Just finished my first year of retirement and is it ever great...I still find myself pausing every now and then to make sure I'm understanding this right:
I DON'T drive in 70mph white knuckle rush hour traffic anymore;
I DON'T put up with other people I don't want to put up with;
I DON'T have any deadlines;
I DON'T have to worry about getting laid off;
I DON'T have any stress;
I'm having the honeymoon my Wife of 45 years and I never had;
I go hunting / shooting Flintlocks whenever I want to;

Yet...money keeps being deposited in my bank account.
:shocked2: :hmm:

roundball your killing me man first you come on here and show off these beautiful flintlocks of yours and the game you kill with them then you tell me about retirement which in this econmy and stock market situation is something i may never see. you sure know how to make a guy feel bad.

i envy ya sir, i wish i could just go out in the woods when ever i wanted... instead i get rush hour traffic and 10-13 hour days of high stress work. hopefully ill live long enough to retire somewhere out in the woods. im not even 30 and im getting gray hairs and starting to lose the ones that aint going gray.

-matt

Matt85 said:
i envy ya sir, i wish i could just go out in the woods when ever i wanted... instead i get rush hour traffic and 10-13 hour days of high stress work. hopefully ill live long enough to retire somewhere out in the woods. im not even 30 and im getting gray hairs and starting to lose the ones that aint going gray.

-matt

Don't worry Matt when you hit 45 you eyes will go & you won't see those gray hairs any more :rotf: :rotf: > :shocked2:

Back