• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Older T/C hawken rear sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatorpsd

32 Cal.
Reaction score
First post. I'm sure this has been covered before, but here goes. I'm looking for a rear sight for a 50 cal T/C hawken. I guess the factory holes are 1.45" center to center and all the new ones are .8" something C to C. I have searched all over the web. Do one of yall know where I can pick one up? At this point I don't care if it's fixed or adjustable. Thanks

Thanks. I was going to order the Dixie one, but they are on back order. I did order the Williams fiber optic.

Welcome,
Actually with the original T/C adjustable sight, with the little rails they have on the bottom sides of the base,, one screw is enough to hold the base in position.
It might be hard to believe but these Trad BP rilfes and octagon barrels don't have the same barrel movement as modern CF guns.
I have one gun that has at least a thounds round through it that hasn't gone out of adjustment.

p.s. I like to use a little blue Loctite

A tang mounted TC or Lyman peep sight is another option.

The lyman is a snap to adjust for windage and elevation.

That's good to know. I didn't really want the fiber optic sight, but I'm going out of town next week and want to do some shooting with it. I'll probably order a more traditional sight for it when I get back.

For hunting the fiber optic front sight is very good. On the rear I like the Lyman 57 peep sight with a .125 Williams appeture.

Gator, I've got a rear sight an front sight I pulled off an old TC .45 cal I had to put older looking more traditional sights on it, I think I remember where the the little baggy is that has them in it, its just taking up space in my gun box an I have no need for it PM me an we can trade for something that I could use.
Chris

Rifleman1776 said:
Using a fiber optic sight on a traditional muzzle loader is like using a new Corvette to haul hogs.

Any chance you can post something helpful and nice for a change??

When did T/C start putting the white dots on the front sight and the white outline on the rear? Mike

...kruzer1 suggested the three hole custom from The Gun Works Emporium... I agree and second his motion... It will fit either t/c screw configuration... Get a little bottle of bluing for it... I doubt you'll be disappointed...but if you are, I'll buy it off ya cause it never hurts to have a spare... Good luck...

Latest posts

Back