• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Getting Closer, but.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my friend, i am just trying to decide which modern firearm is going to be the next one to leave. may get to order next week.lol it will be just like
santa2.gif
again.....

Are you useing the Remington caps that say Black Powder on the lid in a black area? They are supposed to be 40% hotter than most caps. Gander Mountain had them on sale for $4.45 a 100 so I bought 800 as that was enough to leave 200 on the rack. I did not want anyone to make a trip for nothing! They work very well for me! Geo. T.

Thats the monkey.
It has the banner that says blackpowder.

I don't know if they are hotter or not. But I have not had a single FTF with them, nor do I have a percusion nipple they won't fit like they were made for it.

Good move! I think we're going to like these things a lot.

Makes me wonder how I could have been involved with shooting blackpowder for so long (rifles and fowlers and shotguns) and never once thought about cap 'n ball.

Have fun picking out your first. It can drive you crazy!

For Uberti nipples Remmington #10 caps and get yourself Oxyoke Wonderwads.Load powder,wad and ball. The wads help keep the barrel lubed. For more info check out CAS City forum "Darksiders Den"..........

Back