• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DIXIE Delivered

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
post a picture dude, i may need to get in this game. i was a die hard flintlock guy, but you got me wanting one bad..

bowkill, this whole thing happened to me in less than 10 days!

I looked through my old movies, took out Josie Wales, watched it and got thinking about cap 'n ball. Got on here, asked a few questions, next thing you know I ordered an 1861 Navy .36 cal. Then 3 days later I ordered an 1860 Army .44! I HADN'T EVEN GOTTEN THE FIRST GUN DELIVERED YET!!

There's some powerful mojo with these things.

As far as pictures go, I'm still in the dark ages. But just google some models and you'll find a lot of really excellent photos. That's what I did, and look at me now!

My newest addition....

1849_pocket_lg_zps2a9885c9.jpg

:thumbsup:

Marc, For proper Josie Wales you will need 2 Walkers,your 1860 and a Baby Dragoon. Dixie is still open..........

Shoeless, I think the term is "enabler". I made a promise to myself and everyone at my BP Anonymous meeting that I wouldn't get any more until I shot yhe two I have!

It's a good idea, like new Rifles, to break them down to individual components and give'm all a good cleaning.
The factory packing grease is for long term storage (the factory has no idea how long the gun will be wharehoused before it's sold).
That heavy grease isn't ment for normal operation, give'm both a good cleaning and freash lube,, :wink:

Defiantly get the cylinder bores and barrel clean,

When talking to yourself remember"Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to obtain permission"....

AW! What do they know? I took three to the range the other day and I have to admit the shooting was a heck of a lot more fun than the cleanup!

Geo. T.

Seems like you're doing alright there nmmd! What's your newest addition? A Police or Pocket?

And did you tell your wife about this one? She was nice enough to get you that beautiful '51 Navy for Christmas and all, she might want to know why it wasn't "enough".

The newest is a 1849 Uberti Pocket Colt. The wife found out about it when ups delivered it :rotf: I am very lucky to have an understanding wife that let's me have a few toys.... :thumbsup:

T/C makes a anti sieze grease but you can get Permatex at almost any auto parts store. The tube is bigger and it's cheaper than the T/C.

Your on the right track as I just bought a new Cap and ball a Cimmeron. After I had shot it I found out that all 6 nipples were just finger snug. My bad I should have gone over the whole pistol before hitting the range! Geo. T.

Back