• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

big bunny

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
was out scouting for martin season with my smoothbore when up popped a dead bunny.
It is epic rabbit hunting this year in the high country.
My wife had all ready nailed six on her way to work in the morn via snowmobile and 22 single six.

DSCF8454_zps1d128a2f.jpg

Yes indeed! Here in East Texas we have a few Swamp Rabbits that look like a huge Cotton Tail!
I really like grilled rabbit after soaking them in BBQ sauce over night! Geo. T.

I soak em in a salt water bath then par boil in seasonings then pull meat off bone. put back into dutch oven add potatoes,carrots,celery,onion etc... stew then add biscuits,cover put coals over the top and brown.

DSCF6423_zps159f624a.jpg

Dude you're makin my mouth water lol... Thats about 3 times bigger than the cottontails I been finding.

Damnation!! That rabbit is about half the length of your shotgun. I wonder how many pounds one of those rabbits would weigh? At any rate, congrats on the kill.

Jeff

I got 5lbs of meat of this one.
now of coarse this is a snowshoe hare, I live at 10,000 ft and it is an epic rabbit year.
down low out of the timber we have cotton tails that run about half the size.those are the ones my wife has been tormenting with her 22.

Britsmoothy said:
I was wondering where you was :grin:

That looks like what we call mountain hare or blue hare.

B :hatsoff:

cool, I really enjoy local terms for critters.
It's regional and ol school.
I remember some flat lander telling me that the partridge I just shot was a ruffed grouse.
I said in Mass it may be called that but up here in the Northeast kingdom of VT we call em Partridge.
:wink:

they are Ojibwas made by Indians in Canada. I can't remember the company that sells them.
I make my own bindings because we have very deep snow and I need stiff leather that will hold up to miles of trekking.

Back