• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Vintage Pedersoli Kentucky in 45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanecrazy1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just picked up a really nice Pedersoli Kentucky 1977 Vintage in 45 Caliber. Met a really cool Englishman that had it for sale today. I have been wanting a 45 and a 58 to go with the collection. Got really lucky in getting this one. The importer was American Eagle Arms Co. from New York. Has anyone ever heard of this importer???

20121219_180939_zpsc6587f81.jpg

20121219_163037_zps7d4edcc3.jpg

20121219_181547_zps6d19075e.jpg

20121219_162947_zpsefa9d130.jpg

That company was one of many that imported m/l guns in the seventies!__ I have heard that the guns were Spanish made and distributed by Pedersoli to importers in the USA. __ I couldn't say for sure, but I know they have Spanish made locks on them.

horner75 said:
That company was one of many that imported m/l guns in the seventies!__ I have heard that the guns were Spanish made and distributed by Pedersoli to importers in the USA. __ I couldn't say for sure, but I know they have Spanish made locks on them.

I have looked it over and taken everything apart. There is no Spanish markings on anything and it states Made In Italy with Italian Proof Markings so, either they are Italian or Falsely advertised. But just from my research and looking at the lock and comparing it seems to be pure Pedersoli without a doubt in my mind.

can't help ya with that but I have an old Pedersoli I piked up in the early 70's maybe 71 or 72, actully in the process of refinishing it and changeing over to flint. I like that 45 as its very accurate, well as good as my abilities make it anyway, with no real recoil n just plain fun to shoot, with good shot placement ya can go from deer sized game all the way down to rabbit n squirrel. Great al around caliber n cheap to shoot, Pedersoli make a great gun for an off the rack type, have never had a problem one with any I've owned, glad ya found what ya were looken for

Birdman said:
can't help ya with that but I have an old Pedersoli I piked up in the early 70's maybe 71 or 72, actully in the process of refinishing it and changeing over to flint. I like that 45 as its very accurate, well as good as my abilities make it anyway, with no real recoil n just plain fun to shoot, with good shot placement ya can go from deer sized game all the way down to rabbit n squirrel. Great al around caliber n cheap to shoot, Pedersoli make a great gun for an off the rack type, have never had a problem one with any I've owned, glad ya found what ya were looken for

Thanks, I would have figured it would be a little much for squirrel but, I guess a head or rib shot would do without hurting the legs.. Love me some possible stew.. you know anything possible to be in it lol.. I will get to shoot it this weekend. As far as squirrel goes,what powder change would be good for within 30 yrds???

Mike sorry to say but its been so long since I actually shot this one I really don't remember. Funny as I was reading yer first post I was trying to remember the same thing,and when I was shooting it I used the old Hornady Buffalo bullets I believe(its been awhile;-)), to work up a load I usually just place the ball in the palm of my hand holding my palm good n flat n useing the powder gently pour over the ball until its just covered. Then measue that amount n use that as a starting point until I find what a particular gun likes. Lots of guys use different amounts of powder for different shooting with the same rifle, personally I never got into that n just use the same for everything and adjust my point of aim a touch. With squirrels I just hold dead in the middle, figure its gonna take the little bugger down, a bit bigger point of aim to hit n ya don't really lose any meat front or back except the tenderloins which often are still ok. Another way fellas start is use the amount of powder equal to the caliber of the gun as a starting point. :haha: I've always compared flinters to our lady folk, when ya finally figure out what they like n stick with it they are a dream n fun to play with, but if ya don't they can be a royal pain in the patoot :rotf: :stir: . Then like with everything else its practice practice practice. Another quirk of mine is once I get a gun sighted in off the bench I don't shoot from the bench anymore, I'll use a post or walking stick as my anchor point standing so to speak cause the way I look at it there ain't no benchs n rests out in the field, so I try n practice from the same way I'll be shooting in the woods,sitting, squating down , may feet at different levels,well ok a few off the bench like I was useing a log for a rest, all sorts of ways like I might run into out hunting. But of course thats just me n what I think is fun. Guess I'm gonna have to get on the stick this winter n get the ol gal finished.She is 40 years old now n used pretty hard for a spell, guess she deserves a face lift, shes earned it
:thumbsup: :stir:

I agree about the walking stick and such.. My dad and I used to make blinds out of burlap. Eight pointed Y shaped sticks gave us all the range we needed for steady shots. 8x8x4 foot tall. Sets up in less than 10 mins driving the Y sticks in the ground and a total cost of about $15 in burlap. I mean REALLY who needs to spend 200 bucs on a blind?? I could make a great one for free in all reality. Nothing like a free shooting stick or blind in my opinion lol.

Back