• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Front Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steel,can use a dab of paint if you need more visability,silver disappears in low light as does brass YMMV however :idunno:

I make my sights out of 1962 quarters an they work good for me even in low light. Try em an if ya dont like em simply change it :hatsoff:

Don't one thousand nine hundred and sixty two quarters make it kind of muzzle heavy? :haha: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

The sight on my hunting rifle is steel with a touch of yellow paint.

I beg to disagree. For my eyes brass glows nicely as early or late as the law allows. A freshly scotchbrite polished front sight shines nicely. The rear face must be sloped to catch overhead light, or barley corned shaped. BJH

Mine is German silver, but I filed a notch in it and glued and shaped a piece of a wild boar's tusk. Kind of like an ivory bead.

X
David

wattlebuster said:
I make my sights out of 1962 quarters an they work good for me even in low light. Try em an if ya dont like em simply change it :hatsoff:

Can you post pics of this?

The all black sights, on my GPR flinter, aren't ideal for my old eyes..

Back