• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My New/Old USA CVA Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He just wants to show off his gun is all, jeesh

20121210_174106_zpsf61ac630.jpg

Very nice. I don't see too many pictures of these. What Caliber? and how well does it shoot?

Thank you for putting the pic up!! Wasn't sure how til I finally watched the video someone posted. It is a 50 caliber with the USA barrel. 32" I believe. I got it off craigslist for 150 with a bunch of supplies. The bore is in mint condition. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. My dad and I are gonna hit the range in a few hours and will see how well she does. I just got done cleaning up his barrel for the last 2 hours. Old age and memory has taken effect on him he forgot to clean it. But hey that's what sons are for right?? I also purchased a Richland Arms Sporterized Carbine of the broker site for 170 so in all I just got 2 really nice rifles and a bunch of supplies for 320. Sometimes my wife says I am online looking to much but I sure come out good at times. Again Thanks for getting the pic up.

I had a Mountain Rifle just like that and killed a lot of deer with it. It was a real tack driver.
Wish I never sold it.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

My cousin let me borrow his back in the middle 80's to deer hunt with and it took several deer was probably the most accurate muzzleloader I have ever shot and have tried to trade it from him for years now with out any luck, he has taken very good care it still looks like new. Some day I might be able to get it.

$150 is a Great deal on a Mountain Rifle, especially the American made version. I have a later version with a new Deer Creek supplied barrel and it is a great rifle.

I really like the rifle. When I went there to get it he had a like new Traditions that was in great shape same price. I was going to get it yet the CVA just kept calling me to it. I just could not walk away from it. I didn't know the difference between Spain or USA Barrels so that wasn't the factor. IT JUST KEPT SAYING TO ME "PICK ME PICK ME" So glad I did!!! 70 grains of 2f 777 and prb had my shakey arse @ 2.5 to 3" @ 63 yards. I didn't go to the range today cause it was drizzling so I shot off the front porch today. Just so you know,I shake like a leaf on a tree in a wind storm so I could only imagine how well it will shoot with a steady hand!!

Latest posts

Back