• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

percussion caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dynamit Nobel (German caps). But, they're way too expensive anymore so I settle for CCI. These are pretty good caps for the most part, but lately I've been finding more with the priming coming loose. If and when I run across some German caps at a good price I'll be buying them.

A thousand CCIs come in a box 3"X3"X1-1/2".

100 Remingtons come in a blister pak which measures 5 3/4"X3"X1"1-3/4X. Remingtons are only sold by the 100 not by the thousand.

Most stores carry CCIs because of shelf space.

I did buy some Remington's and the charge on lot of the caps had fallen out and was laying in the bottom of tin.

Thus I like CCI, never had a problem with them and personally I do not like blister paks.

yea, I bought one of those box's a few yrs ago never had but one to fell to fire and that was on a deer,but have also had old center fire rounds to fell in the past.

During deer season, Wal-Mart stocks up on Winchester Caps. When the season is over, everything goes on sale at some good prices. Even Pyrodex RS :thumbsup: .

I have been shooting the Remington caps marked Black Powder that claim to be 40% hotter. They work well but the CCI Mag caps are the ones that I have had the best luck with! Gander Mountain had the Remingtons on sale and I got 1000 CCC Mags from Graff when I bought the powder last week on sale! Geo. T.

RWS 1075 are the best.

CCI #11 magnum are OK, but I have had a few duds.

You do not want a dud when you have a deer in your sights. For that reason alone, I would go with the RWS caps.

I have used both Reminton #11's and CCI #11's and I cannot say anything bad about either one, but lately I have been using the Remington's and never had a miss fire in 500 + rounds.

RWS caps are the best money can buy.
To put it simple "THEY WORK" no exceptions
Everything else is just flies buzzing around horse s _ _ t
I know, I have such a way with words :bull:
Old Ford

I've been using Remington No. 10s because they fit every nipple I've ever used them on. Rifles, pistols, foreign or domestic.

I have been using CCI Magnums for a looong time. I don't know if they are any better or worse than others but they were the only ones that were available by the thousand when I was shopping Suttler's Row in Friendship. The last time I bought them, I got 2,000. I think the price was about $45/thousand at that time. I don't know what they are selling for now and I have serious doubts that I will run out before I get my dirt shirt (aka "The long dirt nap")

I bought a thousand Remington #11 Caps online a couple of years ago. I forget the distributor, but I think it was in Idaho. Price was steep, but they last me a long time. Quality is good.

Latest posts

Back