• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Track of the Wolf Bucks County rifle kit - Update #2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duelist1954

40 Cal.
Reaction score
As you know, I'm building a Bucks County flintlock rifle using a kit from Track of the Wolf. In this update I'll inlet the lock plate into the stock and see where the flash hole on the barrel is in relation to the flintlock's pan. That will tell me how much I'll need to move the barrel before installing the breech plug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XOwE651jn4

Last edited by a moderator:
nice video, but i would have shown how you measure the the shoulder of the threads where the breechplug goes with the caliper - change the camera angle so the viewer sees the threads and the end of the caliper touching the shoulder ... if i hadn't done this myself, it wouldn't be very clear. what works well is how the lines on the flat show why you need to move the barrel to the rear ... lots of written directions seem to slip over this (especially to the inexperienced- -don't ask me how i know ... :redface: )

overall, i enjoyed the posts - they seem more relaxed than many of the professionally made ones.

Thanks for the feedback. After going 20 years without doing a rifle build, I'm trying to remember if I was drinking when I decided to start this project.

Sorry Duelist. Drinking or not, you can't stop now; we are all involved.

Having tried my hand at this stuff as well I would guess you were drinking and probably heavily when you decided to video it too. :rotf:

Seriously though I am enjoying the show and you can't stop now. Thanks and much appreciated.

Dave

Back