• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

black powder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsn

45 Cal.
Reaction score
It's becoming harder and harder for me to find black powder these days. I wanted to know if friendship is still selling and what the average rate is of it and also restrictions on legal ownership. Thank you all.

They still have powder at Friendhip, but the magazine is I think only officially open during events. Best bet would be to call their office and ask about that and the restrictions. I don't remember it being cheaper than online retailers, but you would save hazmat and shipping fees.

ok thank you, I am planning a trip up there this spring.

I don't mean to advertise for them but GRAF's is a great place to do business with. As most may know you can mix caps and powder on the same haz-mat. They said that they were a week behind on shipping and my order was on my porch in 5 days. You do have to sign for powder orders! Geo. T.

Geo T said:
They said that they were a week behind on shipping and my order was on my porch in 5 days.
I called them this morn to inquire of my BP order placed Mon. a.m., they ARE a week behind on my order...wont ship till fri or mon. Oh well, patience ima learnin!! :wink:

Geo You do have to sign for powder orders! Geo. T.[/quote said:
No you don't! I've never had to sign for it, UPS just leaves it on your porch if your not home. Of course this time of year with the Christmas Thieves around I would try to be home when they (UPS) came around, or REQUEST that someone sign for it when you place the order.

They shipped mine Fed-X Ground and they required a adult signature due to the Haz Mat! It was a heck of a deal and I got in in four days total! Got to love that! Geo. T.

They sell powder at Friendship to NMLRA members only. You will need your membership card and a photo ID. Also be sure to be there when the magazine is open for business. If I recall correctly Goex was $16/lb in September.

UPS will leave anything on your front step. I ordered a case of ammo once, got home and there was 1200 rounds just sittin on the stoop. I was just tickled pink about that.

maybe give graf's bp a try, it's cheaper than goex and lots cheaper than swiss. IIRC it's made in germany.
I could'nt tell any diff than goex maybe a bit more fouling but that won't matter for plinking use.

FedEx is Powderinc's default shipper and they require a signature, you can ask for UPS and they will leave it at your door. IIRC powderinc only ships a couple times a week from UPS whereas they have daily pickup from FedEx.

It all depends on your driver. My UPS driver will not leave powder without a signature, and it must be somebody over 21. He wouldn't even leave it with my 17 year old daughter.

Latest posts

Back