• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from South California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlast357

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Wow .........what a place I have found here. :thumbsup:
After many years of different types of hobbies, and now in my retirement years I am settled. My strong interest in historical events, in particular the World Wars, leads me to pickup arms and somewhat feel what our forefathers went through. :hatsoff:
Living in a large city, a country boy at heart I can now go out in the open spaces and let the powder take me back. :grin:
For now ,ball and cap pistols will be the arms of choice.
Looking forward to read and ask for help and advice.
Thanks for letting me in.
Hewy

hewy,

welcome from a northern CA ML'er of only 5+ years.

let me recommend two excellent easy reads that were suggested to me when i joined:

1)Percussion Pistols and Revolvers - history, performance, and practical use (j.bates and m.cumpston)

2) the Complete Blackpowder Handbook (sam fadala)

both can be gotten used for under $10 and are excellent references for almost everything you'll need to get started.

give me a buzz if you plan on coming to the Bay Area anytime soon; i'll be glad to show ya' around.

have fun and don't hesitate to ask questions,

:thumbsup:
~dg~

Hewy,
Welcome from Northern CA.
I've learned a lot on here and I'm sure you will too.
Mike C.
Groveland

Back