• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English Sporting rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheba

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My custom English 54 cal sporting rifle came today
IMG_2836.jpg

and she s a beaut,30inch barrel with horn forend and ramrod tip, steel furniture and capbox

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

It was made by Ed Dillion in the States.I m thinking on having a smoothbore built along the same lines but with a half oct barrel.

To reiterate to my last post, your English Sporting rifle is perhaps the best "NEW" old rifle designs that I have seen in some time.
I have an IAB Marcheno .50 cal. English Sporting rifle, made by IAB in the early 80's.It is very nice, but it is not close to yours.
The style never caught on, especially with the Hawken craze, and of course the English rifle was never front and center in American appreciation.
Best regards
Old Ford

I have an original Westley Richards Sporting Rifle
that is similar. Some pics of it were posted here quite a while ago. Post #646371.

Duane

Duane said:
that is similar. Some pics of it were posted here quite a while ago. Post #646371.

Duane

Can't figure out how to reference that post here so you can click on it.

Duane

Duane said:
Duane said:

Duane

Can't figure out how to reference that post here so you can click on it.

Duane

Here's Duane's pics from the earlier post

duanedeer-1.jpg

duanerifle.jpg

duanetang-1.jpg

duanelock-1.jpg

duanepatchbox-1.jpg

duanemuzzle-1.jpg

Duane said:
Thanks Supercracker!!

Duane

No problem. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the face of the standing breech and water table plate would you?

Later on this year I will be starting a rifle project and was going to style it after a WR percussion gun with the same set up and have not been able to get a look at how they did that.

Supercracker said:
Duane said:
Thanks Supercracker!!

Duane

No problem. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the face of the standing breech and water table plate would you?

Later on this year I will be starting a rifle project and was going to style it after a WR percussion gun with the same set up and have not been able to get a look at how they did that.

PM me your email and I'll get a bunch of pics over to you.

Duane

barbarossa - that is certainly a fine looking rifle! Will look forward to a range report. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back