• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Want New Sights - Need Advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisHarris said:
Darn edit feature must be quick.

I just ordered the Lyman globe sight from TOW. Also ordered a 3/8 hickory ram rod. I hate those stupid synthetic ones. They're ugly.

An ugly rod is way better than a broken rod stuck in your hand!

If you like a partridge style and a peep, I shot the following for quite a few years For your rear sight, draw a chain link laying on it's long side. Then "cut" a slot all the way thru the top at 12 o'clock. Your front Blade will be seen thru this slot. You "level" front blade with top of rear, centering it For side to side alignment. You will notice your eye wants to do all this automatic and quick almost like a peep. When I was younger I could snap shoot cans at 40 yd with this set up.

Lyman globe sight arrived today.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

I bought a set of Williams sights on fleebay. They are the same exact sights that are on this Green Mountain barrel right now. I didn't want to take the file to my rear sight until I had a replacement on hand. I'm hoping I can open the bottom and sqaure up the sides to make it resemble a partridge sight. If I ruin it, I'll have another set to replace it.

IMG_0794.jpg

Back