• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

spark arestor

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike warner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to use a wood stove in my 10'x10'
pyramid. I understand the stove pipe insert.
But I have been unable to find a spark arestor cap. Also I noticed in post 1060517 from Kapellmeister, a picture of his set up and would like to ask. does anyone use a stove board?
And was that a special tarp under Kapellmeisters stove? Can I use a rain cap and install hardware cloth around it?

I don't know about the tarp underneath but I'm sure it's flame retardant,,

Sure you can put a rain cap and hardware cloth, but the easiest is to just keep the fire low with dry wood, no need to get a high rolling fire when the area is only 10x10.

I always just run a pipe straight up, and open. :idunno:

I have tried several and ain't found one to work very well. Always plug up if using wet or green wood. Use a high open stack outside and dry wood. Good luck. :v

Hello, sir!

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I got the spark arrestor from Tentsmiths . Give Deborah a call and see if they still have them.

That's a welding blanket under my stove in the photo you saw! You can get them in a variety of sizes. (I think it looks a little better than those "wood-grain" boards.)

:hatsoff:

Thank you Kapellmeister

I will check with tentsmiths on the cap,you have a nice set up with your stove. I like the idea of the welding blanket, didn't think I would like the wood grain board either.

Sorry,slightly different topic,can,t figue out how to post new topic so will hitchhike on yours,got a stove an wall tent from strinz out of nebraska ,my buddies say i should put in a damper in the pipe,is this a good idea an if so how high above the stove should the damper be located

Yes it's a good idea.
I put'm about 20"s up from the stove in the first section of pipe.

The Damper and the air intake on the bottom front of the stove are used together to control how fast/hot the wood burns.

A hot stove pipe makes air rise faster than an open fire, makeing a "draw" at the vent.

If your a rookie with a wood stove there is a learning curve, but usually pretty short.

Not all firewood is created equal, the type of wood and it's moisture content is the variable.
Most want a slow fire burning for a longer time.

It's the reason I now cheat and use propane. Here in MN it's common for temps to go down too 20-30 at Spring and Fall `Vous. Getting up every 2-3 hours to load the stove isn't fun anymore.

Everything is covered and hidden, it's common enough around here to be acceptable. The PC/HC crowd grouse every so often but our historical counter parts didn't live and work in a climate controled environment 24/7/365.

Latest posts

Back