• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Priming horn makers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for nicely made priming horns with perhaps the charging spout on it...nothing super fancy, just well made... who would you recommend for this? (contact information always appreciated)... if you have some of their work, feel free to show examples!

I use them with 3grn plunger dispensers on them.

The cow horn tip primer was made for me by John Shorb, former owner of October Country.

The antler primer I actually bought from a guy off EBay years ago.

There are also commercially made brass pan primers...check "The Possible Shop" advertiser at the top of the MLF.

RegularMagnumFlintlockPanPrimers.jpg

PrimerHornandAntler.jpg

If you have not primed from your main horn you may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Sure is nice Mr. Stumpkiller. I really like the 'Killed' stump he put on your horn. Just seems a bit unfair though that he has so much talent and I have so little........ :hatsoff:
Macon

You really need to call Rick. He is horner75. Send him a pt. I have one of his horns and another on the way.

A newbe question.
Where does a person buy the spouts and knobs for making horns, and flasks. I would like to try making one.

Thanks for any replies

Keep your powder dry.
LeeRoy

aquamanlr said:
A newbe question.
Where does a person buy the spouts and knobs for making horns, and flasks. I would like to try making one.

Thanks for any replies

Keep your powder dry.
LeeRoy
Most any BP supply house carries stuff like that...a few are:

The Possible Shop
Muzzleloader Builders Supply
Track of the Wolf
October Country

roundball said:
aquamanlr said:
A newbe question.

Thanks for any replies

Keep your powder dry.
LeeRoy
Most any BP supply house carries stuff like that...a few are:

The Possible Shop
Muzzleloader Builders Supply
Track of the Wolf
October Country

Yep, the brass spouts are about $8.00. Nuttin' is cheap these days.

Thanks for the replies.
I will look into them in a couple days, as I get ready to start getting the stuff to make a horn.

Keep your powder dry.
LeeRoy

Latest posts

Back